Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Tipping Point

Dont even ask why I didnt blog yesterday. No, it wasnt for any special effect after the previous post. Geez, what's wrong with you!

The complexities of the corporate hirarchy kept me away yesterday... my boss's boss's boss's boss required something urgently, and as always these 'urgent' matters require some 'urgent' number crunching and data analysis (yea, I never claimed I had a glamourous job anyway!), which somehow trickles down to minions like me. Of course, my previous banter about finding a 10-15 minute break just lost all its oomph... but it really was a busy day. Sigh.

Anyway, here's a question for you. What stands between a sad week and a happy one?

A great weekend!

No, my weekend was nothing special. No grand weekend getaway, no parties, no doing-this-for-the-first-time adventures. But I still feel happy after that!

I blogged once about how we are sometimes depressed without a specific reason. At that point of time, I would never have imagined that I (yes, the pessimist that I am) would ever say this, but we can be happy without a specific reason. Sometimes there is a tipping point... you dont know what tips it, but all of a sudden things look up. Maybe its the fact that if you are feeling down, the only way to go after that is up. Or that when you know you are alone, you cant wait for someone else to set things right for you... you have to do your part to make yourself happy. I have usually avoided this piece of work. I have always waited for external factors and other people to make me happy. But sometimes, its fun to do it for yourself.


Dont be surprised at all, if after a few days, I do a post which totally contradicts this one. The cancerian in me has mood swings as often as the tides at sea ;)

45 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Eh? Whaaat? Why..??
Tagging me for the blog story?? OH MY GOD. Is there a DEADLINE for it??

And OYE...WHY does the twist have to be sleazy JUST B'COS I HAVE BEEN TAGGED?!?!?! Grr....!

FINE! I shall make sure i give it a NON-SLEAZY twist!

Meri reputation toh tune mitti mein mila di yaar...!

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

psst..i thot mood swings were gemini trait!!

10:52 AM  
Blogger M said...

And hello, i posted that comment minutes BEFORE you posted your new post..!! :p:p

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i thot..i will be the first in here atleast once..anywayz i take the silver

10:54 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Medha,
Oops, you werent meant to see the sleazy comment ;)
Reputation? What reputation? Where where?

Now go get drunk on your rum, and jaldi se, add a couple of lines to the story :D

Yes ma'am, you commented just before I refreshed... talk about sneaking in :p

10:59 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Godolphin,
Cancerians are seriously moody... the crab's mood changes as the moon waxes and wanes!
Follow the 'Sun Signs' link on my sidebar for more details ;)

PS: I thought geminis had dual faces... not mood swings.

Btw, whats with the 1st-comment high? I seriously dont get it....

11:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, once in a blue moon, our little princess gets some work...

The Jupiter, she preens with sadistic pleasure. And then she proceeds to the photocopier.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

SADIST!!
That's it... I'm not checking out the Manolo Blahnik sale for you :p

Muahahahahaha :D

11:14 AM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

Happiness always come from the thought of a bright future, whereas sadness always creeps in due to reflection of past .....and what u r thinking of determines ur present state of mind

11:28 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

Nice chirpy post Casa :)

**but we can be happy without a specific reason

so true...I dun u'stand why most ppl (even some of my loved-ones) look for happiness in various external things and having specific set reasons to be happy...u simply dun need anything to be happy...in fact having less brings more happiness :)

Yes, like u say, dun be surprised if I write a real low post/comment tomorrow cos Im a Cancerian too ;-)


Another good one Casa, as expected.
Keshi.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

I shall take the kiddo look on the pic comment as a compliment to my versatile looks :)
I feel I am happiest when I am on a high for no rhyme or reason and I cant figure out the reason why as much as i want to at those times.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Blue Athena said...

:)))

gloomy without a cause
gay without reasons...
we all change our moods
like the leaves go thru various seasons

:)

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is meaning of the quote on ur pic.

i dont think about it for months
then i dream about it
i cant get it out of my system
- how extraordinary it was

WHAT!!

btw...nice post. I wud say...happiness comes from believing that you can be happy no matter what the situation..cuz tough times come n go (like the mood swings)
i know ppl who feel awkward when they can find no excuse for being sad or upset. They just cant deal with the happiness that is more than they expect or are used to (which is minimal anyway)

1:02 PM  
Blogger Eleventy Seven said...

Happy ... is always good.

Work does suck huh. Whats with all the sleaze flying around?

I would have to side with someone who said Geminians are more moody. ASK ME!! Gosh! I wish I had like a truckload of patience to deal with them. I have to handle three of them on a regular basis. My cancerian friends seem to be much more calm and collected.

p.s: More IT questions. where to mail you? :-)

1:06 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Pointy,
Profound... and well said. Wondering when the PJ King got so serious and sensible. Or have those two been spoiling your reputation for no reason? ;)

Keshi,
Hehe... chirpy doesnt make for analytical posts, but who cares! I'm so happy that I'm happy :D

Rohan,
Err.. ummm... okay its a compliment. Whatever keeps the KID happy :D
Have some scottish scotch... you'll get a high ;)
(hahahaha... laughing at my own joke!! Okay dont kill me for spilling the beans)

Blue Athena,
Wonderful! And it sums up things so well :)

Paheli,
I had actually done a post about my profile pic once... here, you might wanna read it for my interpretation :)

Saurabh,
Naaa... work doesnt suck! They treat me well, so its okay to overwork me once in a while :)
IT questions? Shoot! Here is as good a place as any :D

1:25 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

And here's the last word on cancerians and mood swings, straight from Linda Goodman's :p

The best time to hunt for human crabs is by the light of the silvery Moon. It's usually easier to recognize them at night, when they're all dressed up to go dreaming, wrapped in vivid imagination. Moonlight becomes them beautifully. It goes with their many moods, and it matches their chang­ing emotions.

The Cancerian's passing moods are synchronized to the Moon, answering to the same mysterious lunar influence that causes the tides of the ocean to flow in and out. Yet, the Moon doesn't really change at all. It just seems to. Likewise, the Cancerian remains the same person through all his fluctuating highs and lows.


So its settled now, right?

1:36 PM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

Thank you, Thank you....by the way, my PJ's are sensible too...dont listen to those guys ..they r envious of my PJ's :))

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha! "which somehow trickles down to minions like me" - I totally know what you mean :D

2:50 PM  
Blogger Eleventy Seven said...

Ahem!

"I wish you woudn't keep appearing And vanishing so suddenly. You make one quite giddy!" This time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained for some time after the rest of it had gone.

If there are times when a Gemini person makes you think you're seeing double, don't run out and change your glasses. Just remember that Gemini is the sign of the twins, and there are two distinct sides to his changeable personality. Now you see it, now you don't. Was it love you thought you caught fleetingly on those mobile features? Hate? Ecstasy? Intelligence? Idealism? Sorrow? Joy? The mercurial changes of a Gemini's expression are as fasci¡©nating to watch as the psychedelic lights in a discotheque. It's hard to tell where reality ends and illusion begins. They blend-then they separate.


Thats Geminians!

And it carries on ...

IT : Bollyfm is good for hindi music... what about a good archive for english?

2:55 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Pointy,
PJ, by definition, are NOT sensible :p
Now now... you are adding credibility to Totti and Rohan's claims by making such statements ;)

Rita,
Minions of the world, unite!

Saurabh,
Changeable personality is NOT the same as mood swings! That's the difference between Geminis and Cancerians!
As for english song downloads, you can try airmp3.com or ask Clint where he got his song from.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Virdi said...

hehehehe... when ever you want to have your cup of coffee and want to leave for home... the most important work will come right at that moment... hehehehe...

one more thing... stop reading Linda Goodman...

someone can't tell you what you are... Casablanca knows what she is and what she likes and dislikes... Linda knows nothing...

also you might always have this in your head that a Saggi or a Libra is like this or like that... know the person rather than guessing oh Linda said this in her book, is he/she really like that??

no offences... just a thought... :-)

3:21 PM  
Blogger Extempore said...

Well, here's hoping you have a good, post-filled day! :-)

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually find (on reflection) that there is always a reason why I am feeling happier than before. And the same goes when I am feeling sad. I tend to find a reason behind anything I am feeling...

3:37 PM  
Blogger Arroclint said...

mood swings are a good thing. cause theres a certain mystery about how u are gonna feel next week or tommowor... i like the drama

3:45 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Virdi,
Hehehe... no I dont use zodiac to pre-judge people. I just use it to justify my own quirky behaviour sometimes ;)
After all its easier to say, I'm moody coz my sunsign made me that way!

Extempore,
A post a day, keeps work... oops, worries away ;)

Harshi,
Yes every emotion does have a reason. But sometimes we refuse to 'see' the reason... we like to be in denial.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Clint,
Yes, we like drama too! But your new profile pic is TOO dramatic, dont you think??

3:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gahhhh,

Okay okay..get off work early and check the sale for me OK?

PweettyyPleeeze

4:01 PM  
Blogger Dreamy Eyed Gal said...

EXACTLY!!!!...I tend to b happy without a reason...and life's much more fun wen we dont have to look at others to feel happy...the mornings r most imp i think...if u start the morning with a wonderful song then the day's a breeze!!!...at times my roommates call me crazy coz at times I just start the day singing and dancing without ne reason!!!...changed my URL btw...its 'sentiment' instead of 'sentiments'

4:53 PM  
Blogger Arroclint said...

thats how id look if someone animated me.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Jupiter,
Hehehehehe... will do will do :D

Mysterygal,
Yup the morning determines a lot, but then sometimes a bad morning can still be followed up by a good day!

Clint,
Now... why would anyone make anime of you??

5:51 PM  
Blogger Jewel Rays said...

"Maybe its the fact that if you are feeling down, the only way to go after that is up. Or that when you know you are alone, you cant wait for someone else to set things right for you... you have to do your part to make yourself happy" - Casablanca

Yeah its always best to start frm us rather than waiting for someone to lift us up.:)

Well said.

Thanks for dropping by CAsa.

6:09 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

Ahh.. happy without a reason.. Ask me.. I should know. I am always happy to the point of looking like an idiot.. But I can't help it.. I am smiling as I write this, seriouly.. And its so nice everybody smiles back at me all the time.. and Most of them look like idiots, smiling back at a stranger and I wonder do I look like one myself?


By AnthonysMirror

8:11 PM  
Blogger alice said...

all i gotta say...its all in the mind...its within u...sadness...happiness....or getting drunk for that matter...or feeling pain....belive me...one day when i've had a coupls of drinks...we'll talk and i'll show u how it works...
btw..like ur positive attitude....

8:29 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Unveilings,
Hope I stay true to what I said :)

Anthony,
Yea but its nice to randomly smile sometimes, isnt it! We likey!

Alice,
Hope my positivity lasts ;)

9:06 PM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

Before defaming PJ's like that...pls read the philosophy of PJ's..probably u would appreciate them better after this enlightenment

http://point5.blogspot.com/2005/05/philosophy-of-pjs.html

11:23 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Ah, I stand corrected. And enlightened :D

Good post there!

11:51 PM  
Blogger G Shrivastava said...

I like what you said abt looking for happiness within - it actually works best, but sometimes yu want others to make you ahppy. That works well too :-)

Your prev post? :-) thought of posting something like that many times when ppl used to say I'm obssessed with my blog! LOL but then things changed and look how sparsely I blog now...hope thee continues to blog as ferociously :-)

1:37 AM  
Blogger Big Man said...

37 comments and not 1 gemini around... hey, atleast you're never bored with a gemini around, we're the entertainers!

you dont need an external factor to be happy... happiness is a thought and more importantly your thought.

p.s. was just thinking about 'sadak' and this song the other day. coincidence??

2:51 AM  
Blogger Arroclint said...

my lifes one big comic strip anyways... might as well be anime!

6:32 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Gee,
Absolutely, looking for happiness externally is simpler and easier at times ;)

Big Man,
Geez, you make geminis look like court jesters :D
Btw, the song is from 'Tezaab', not 'Sadak'.

Clint,
But Phish is not anime! No more Dead Phish comic strips? :D

9:29 AM  
Blogger Jewel Rays said...

@ Casablanca,

LOL..Its pretty hard to stay true sometimes when times are really low and testing.:) so its ok to once in a while whine i guess..:P haha...

haha whining do help at times..

CAution: just don;t do it ;)everytime ..

9:34 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Unveilings,
Now you see, "sometimes" is a very subjective measure ;)

11:40 AM  
Blogger Jewel Rays said...

indeeds!! Haha:)

4:35 PM  
Blogger . : A : . said...

You're allowed the occasional day off.

;-)

11:04 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Haha... weeks off, coming up soon ;)

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home