I write
Poetry is not
All about rhyme
About rythym and meter
Or verses in words
Poetry is not,
what I write
Poetry is not about
thoughts, complicated
Cryptic messages
to puzzle you and me
Poetry is not,
what I write
Poetry is not
a mere matter
of formatting
Or italics in words
Poetry is not,
what I write


23 Comments:
Very nice.....but I somehow dont like poems without rhymes, they just seem like a disordered sequence of words taken out of a paragraph
my dear..
who said it is ?
hmmm... i need a song writer... u interested?
Loved it. Right. I think poetry is not about "looks". It's about what lies IN it. Sometimes, complicated poetry makes me feel very restless.....when I cannot even grasp its meaning. I feel poetry should be simple and profound, able to transmit a message to even the most simple-minded soul. But, to each his/her own. It's also what "makes sense" to the writer, I suppose.
Well written. Poetry is about so much more.
Aha the mystery deepens ;), mebbe I need to look at other places to shed more light in tis matter
Pointy,
Yes I guess when we started reading poetry in school, it usually was about rhyme and meter. It just seems the right way :)
Jack,
:)
Clint,
Does it pay well? ;)
Harshi,
complicated poetry makes me feel very restless
Same here... sometimes I wonder if even the poet understood what he or she wrote.
.:A:.,
Much more, than we can ever define in words :)
Rohan,
Yes, your blog would be a good starting point ;)
hi casa..coming here after quite sometime!!
nice one yaar this post!!
neither can i write poetry nor get the rhyming right..but someday i will!! he he lol
>>sometimes I wonder if even the poet understood what he or she wrote.
Hahaaaa..:-)
ofcourse it does... i get my songs aired on radio and stuff. i pay in cash or kind! lets make a deal. you write the song. i do the music... and we split 50/50.
Exactly my point. Finally someone understands.
What you write isn't poetry... WHATEVER ANYONE writes is poetry...
I hate poetry.
I wish I was a poet.
I think I need some sleep.
Godolphin,
I am sure you will, if you want to.
Harshi,
;-)
Clint,
Done deal. Cash :D
Conman,
Yup, I think you need some sleep... I dont think I really understood your comment ;)
And, i don't think you will understand my comment too.So, i will leave it unsaid ;)
then what is poetry?? explain it to an engineer... ;-)
hey beautiful song when i opened ur blog... Gulzar ki lyrics... Sonu Nigam singing...
Kyun hava aaj gaa rahi hai...
Kyun fiza aaj rang chal ka rahi hai..
V..
True true...but let's not talk only in negatives, shall we? Let's also hear from you, what poetry is...
im serious. mail me some lyrics...
who said what you write isn't poetry!!! that was really, really nice! :)
As you might remember i agree with most of the above, and what you write is alooottt better than some of the poetry i've read sooo...
Poetry is not something that's structured...planned or disciplined...it should come from the heart...just like u stated...
Wonderful poem Casa, straight from the heart :)
Keshi.
Poetry is something
when you truly express yourself
and the blurred thoughts are completely out of your heart and head
and you feel satisfied (with a sense of releif) when you read your poems
and to hell with what others think about it...
the thoughts just have to be out of your mind..somehow
and one more thing...i tried to write on that new peculiar style of Rohan (the one word poem) and ended up writing a poem myself a poem that i am loving rihgt now...(thanks rohan)
Hmmm...
Totti,
Hahahaha... now that was a good escape!
Virdi, Gee,
Will explain what it is, in my point of view, in another post :)
Wishfulthinker, Karuna, Keshi,
Thanks :)
Clint,
Will try.
Paheli,
Great! Dont we get to see the poem??
Jupiter,
Hmmmmmmm ;)
(For me) To write: is not to
simplify the world but to find
a place to live, being present among things
that do not want me. To bury
the given gold. To wander
so far, that I am hidden
from everything. Far enough
that I am not near
even myself any longer.
./w
ps: It is good to read you.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home