Monday, November 21, 2005

I blog...... a lot!

Quite some time back, I had done a post 'I Blog' about how and why I started blogging, and how my thoughts on blogging changed continuously. This post, in some way, carries on from there... and being my 100th post, I decided to answer some questions about my almost 'obsessive' blogging, as some of you call it :)
Yes, this post is going to be about me. Feel free to run away... NOW!

I blog, to communicate.
Three months back I moved from Singapore to Hong Kong, leaving my friends and colleagues behind. To make new friends in this place hasnt been an easy task. Yet, being the talkative person that I am, I had an almost compulsive need to talk my thoughts out. This blog is my space to blabber non-stop. To talk to people I know. To talk to people I dont know. Its my way of communicating with 20-30 of you everyday, which is much more than the actual number of people I talk to here.

I blog, to express.
Sometimes I do wish my mind slowed down... but well, it doesnt. I think too much. And analysis of friendship and love and feelings and emotions dont always make for great dinner time conversations with new acquaintances. There are somethings which just cant be discussed or debated, face to face. Period.

I blog, for clarity.
Have you noticed, how writing down something always helps? I didnt know the power of it, till I started blogging. Some confusions, some questions, can be answered by yourself, if only you think it over. If only you put it down to paper (okay, monitor). It works. Atleast for me.

I blog, because I want to.
Maybe you would find it hard to believe, but I never blog for 'the sake of blogging'. This isnt a newspaper column that I must write everyday. I never ever ask myself "what should I blog about today?" No! I post when a thought comes to my mind and I want to write about it. Maybe once I am back to Singapore, and have my million and one friends to talk to, I might not blog as much. Maybe tomorrow, I might not feel like expressing my thoughts, and I might not blog anymore. Who knows? I have no reputation to maintain, since I dont blog for a reputation. Its not an assembly-line blog-post production unit. No, I feel no pressure, to 'produce' a post a day. And there are times, when I want to blog, but am just too lazy to type (also otherwise known as weekends!)... and so it shall stay.

I blog, but not for hours.
Err... ever heard of typing fast? Most of my posts take me 10-15 minutes to write. Now, a person is allowed a short break in office, isnt she? As for comments.... c'mon, you've got to be kidding me if you tell me it takes you more than a couple of minutes to read someone else's post and comment. And if it does, well.... maybe I'm just fast! What can I say! In any case, feel free to envy me for having too much time... I am totally ready to revel in the glory :D

I blog, but not for 'fans'.
I absolutely HATE the term fan following on a blog! People read you or me or anyone else regularly, because they first like what you write, and then they like you. Whatever they know of you, from your blog. They will read and comment on almost anything you write. You are a real person to them, even if they dont know you, they like you in some way.. for being funny, for being honest, for being whatever you are. That doesnt make you or me anyone's fan! So please... dont use that term. I cringe at the mention.

I blog, but not to impress.
Of course almost all of us blog to be read. No two ways about it! But I dont blog in a specific way or style, to 'please' my readers. From poetry to fiction to humour to emotions to me, me and me! It all finds its way on my blog in random order... simply because the thoughts come to my mind in random order. It would be really sad, if I started blogging on certain topics by 'popular demand'. Some of my posts might be worth reading, some might not. I still love the fact that most of you read it anyways :)

Ye meri zindagi hai,
ye mere hain khayaal
Ye meri uljhane hai,
ye mere hain sawaal

Maine sunaye ye aapko,
dikhaye mere sapne,
Shaayad isliye ki humko,
ab lagte hain aap apne.

61 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Wow! And i am the first one to comment on your 100th post! =D

Well casa, i ALWAYS loved reading your posts. Its always a pleasure. So keep on writing. You know we'll love it! =)

PS- I almost typed in your name instead of 'casa'. hehe.

3:45 PM  
Blogger M said...

Oh oh, forgot to mention, absolutely loved the poem there. =)

3:55 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Ooops... you commented even before I made some changes :p
Thanks!
We must meet up in Spore some time! I know you are off to Perth and I am here... but well, some day we'll make time :)

3:56 PM  
Blogger M said...

YUP! WE MUST! We really really must! =D

And well, i will be flying off to Perth in feb. So if you come to Sg in between, then we can meet. =)

4:06 PM  
Blogger Kay Richardson said...

I blog for the ladies.

4:16 PM  
Blogger burf said...

send the couplets to ekta kapoor ;) u might become rich :D

:D

4:24 PM  
Blogger karuna said...

I'm not a fan... jsut one of the readers ;)
but yes it helps sort things out and it helps vent and it helps as a little entertainment.
I know i lasted longer than i expected.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ultimately, it doesn't matter what others think, how much they admire you /loathe you or what they want you to write/compose.

Know how much crap I get for blogging 9-90 abt shoes? ;)

Bottomline, a blog is by you,for you, of you. (Lame, I know.)

4:38 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Kay,
Hmmm... hope you get lucky.

Burf,
Naa, not for sale ;)

Karuna,
Yes dear... dont deserve or want fans. Just readers will do :D
Hope I last too.

Jupiter,
Not lame, not corny. Absolutely true! We blog, what we want to blog about... simple!

4:41 PM  
Blogger alice said...

agree to jups...

9:01 PM  
Blogger the cowlick said...

For me, writing is theraputic. It puts things in perspective. Sometimes when you don't have anyone to talk to and are feeling happy/depressed/emotional, it helps to clear out your head by writing things down.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Sushmit,
Thanks.

Alice,
:)

Cowlick,
Therapeutic! My emotions exactly. Its like a punching bag at times, and a detox at others... blogging is cool.

Rahul,
No, dont do what others would like... I said change ourselves to become the person we want others to see us as. And maybe I'd like others to see me as honest and speaking from the heart?
PS: But I very often do contradict myself... no shame there :)

10:18 PM  
Blogger . : A : . said...

You blog, for all the right reasons.

Congratulations on your 100th post! Am glad I 'discovered' your blog and it is a pleasure to read everyday.

Cheers, to more ...

10:32 PM  
Blogger totti said...

100 th post extravaganza! Congrats casa :) You really took that comment of "having too much time at hand" a great deal! It is strange that you get to know quite somethings about people whom you rarely know and almost nothing about your long lost friends.Well written

11:01 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

.:A:.,
It is? Thanks so much for saying that :D

Totti,
Haha... no its not that comment as much. Just some things that I wanted to explain about blogging and me :)
Maybe sometimes its easier to understand people you dont know, because there's no prejudice? Because somethings cant really be discussed with real friends, face to face?

11:22 PM  
Blogger Arroclint said...

again... i blog cause my friends stopped listening to me....

11:23 PM  
Blogger Big Man said...

totally agree with you Casa. In most cases, its easier to say things to people we dont know than ones we do. They wont judge you as much.

Loved the shayari bit at the end. Will inform Jagjit that youre available...

11:33 PM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

Whoa I am sure u wud never thought that much ever b4 writing a post as you would have for this one abt why you blog :), also I shall full credit and claim copyright to the expression 'for the sake of blogging'

1:27 AM  
Blogger Anshul said...

Congrats! 10000 hits / 100 posts = 100 readers per post :)

1:59 AM  
Blogger Zii said...

yea...good..100..
so wheres the party?

2:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm cool yaar..congrats

2:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

>>>Maybe once I am back to Singapore, and have my million and one friends to talk to, I might not blog as much.

I wish you a million friends Casa, but I will most definitely miss reading your blogs :-(

I understand when you say that you write for yourself. That is how it should be perhaps. That's when a post comes "from the heart".

Cheers to your 100th post. May there be many more 100's....

:-)

2:58 AM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

U can write a blog in 10-15 minutes !!! That's grt...that probably explains u r high blog activity....

It takes me awful lot more to publish a post...add a not so fertile brain to it, and it takes me days to write a post.

3:19 AM  
Blogger M (tread softly upon) said...

I love reading your blog for many reasons....so keep going whatever your reasons may be.

4:25 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

Congratts on the 100th Post! WOOHOOOO! :)


** I think too much.

From what I've known abt u so far, u do think alot...quite like me :) My mind just wont stop...hehe...


Well we all blog for many reasons...I like ur reasons...spot on! I must say that most match with my reasons for blogging...except why I started blogging for...:)


Happy blogging Casa!
Keshi.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Clint,
Hahaha... dont say that too loud, your readers might also stop listening to you ;)

Big Man,
Burf says that my couplet is good for Ekta Kapoor soaps, and you've just promoted it to the Jagjit category. Ahem... who to believe? :)

Rohan,
Copyright granted. Fees must be paid by tomorrow :p

Anshul,
Elementary, my dear Watson!
Number of hits is not equal to number of readers though ;)

Zii, Godolphin, M,
Thanks.

Harshi,
I too hope I wont stop blogging anytime soon. Really enjoy it :)

Pointy,
Yes but you write a lot of fiction... I write random stuff, so its just easier to write :)

Keshi,
Same pinch ;)
So why did you start blogging? Out with it :D

9:25 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

Congratulations on your 100th post! :-)

10:55 AM  
Blogger Archster said...

i blog for clarity as well. and i love the attention.

:D

5:02 PM  
Blogger the cowlick said...

clint: again... i blog cause my friends stopped listening to me....
Forgot that one as one of my prime reasons!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Rahul,
Still trying to figure out if that was a compliment or an insult....

Jay,
Thanks!

Archster,
Oh, I forgot the attention ;)

Cowlick,
Haha... you too?

6:20 PM  
Blogger Eleventy Seven said...

Congrats on the 100

Hope more of your enlightening introspections keep brightening our dull mornings.

Cheers.

12:13 AM  
Blogger Prince K. said...

Hey Casa, I thought you were a Singapore/HK national. You a Desi?????? Oh I really envy you, You can blog as much as you want.. Look at me, I have projects {Blah}

12:27 AM  
Blogger Big Man said...

one man's nectar is another man's posion...

rest assured i'll buy the cd. Although it might be financially better for you to go with Ekta..

1:32 AM  
Blogger burf said...

[this is a copy+paste comment from jupiter's blog, so that u do read it ;)]

"
@casa

LOL

was
"

:D

1:39 AM  
Blogger burf said...

whats the addrs of the photoblog?

1:50 AM  
Blogger Extempore said...

Congratulations, sweetie, on a 100! Will look forward to seeing that number increase exponentially!

And whatever your reasons for blogging (fine as they are), you do a damn good job of it! :-)

4:34 AM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

Hey do tag on the story tag thingie someone if you get time for it (but then a lil birdie tells me u have plenty of it), my blog is for some mysterious reasons is in the process of going thru a sharp downswing in readership :)

6:48 AM  
Blogger M said...

OK NOW ITS MY TURN...

NEW POST!!


NEW POST!!


NEW POST!!


And for one last time...


NEWWWW POOOOSSSTTT s'il vous plait!!! =D

10:08 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Rahul,
Hmmm, kind of difficult to take a compliment when you say it in the same breath as 'hate' ;)

Saurabh,
Dull mornings? You are on a holiday, why do you even need to see a morning??

Kazarelth,
Tubelight! Now you realise I am a desi?? :p

Big Man,
Glad to know that. Will get working on the album pronto :D

Burf,
Ah, a change of jobs I see :)
Which photoblog? What photoblog?

Extempore,
Thanks dear!

Rohan,
Downswing? You just crossed 10,000 hits on your counter!
Okkk... I shall tag Medha for it and then we'll have some sleazy twist to the story ;)

10:12 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Medha... just the person I was looking for!!!

New post upar hai, jaakar dekh :p

Tagging you for a blog story :D

10:13 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

hmm keshi ponders...:)

12:34 PM  
Blogger burf said...

i guess u mentioned some photoblog is ur earlier 'i blog' post... dint u?

2:08 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Keshi,
Lets hear the reasons :)

Burf,
Umm... well... the photblog stays tucked away under another identity. Kind of hush hush about it ;)

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

man! cant believe it.. 100 posts.. u got lots of patience mam..

i can only dream of writing my 100th post..cuz m too lazy

nyways congo..nice blog by the way..
keep up the good work

3:48 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Err... Congo???????

3:53 PM  
Blogger burf said...

"another identity"=? u mean u dont post as casa there? or that u have just chosen to not show the link in your profile?

:D

5:02 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Well I dont post as Casablanca there... its a totally seperate account. Now dont go digging :p

5:48 PM  
Blogger M said...

Eh hateli, 'Congo' is the shorter form of 'CONGRATS'...jeeeez! :p

5:55 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Oh god, what is the new generation coming to?? Congo!!

I feel old :(

6:03 PM  
Blogger burf said...

r u old?????????????????????

;)

dont worrry, artificial panic :D

btw, gimme some hints yaar :D

6:36 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Yessssss... veryyyyyy old

:D

How does age matter, by the way?
What 'hints' do you want?

9:03 PM  
Blogger burf said...

it matters in a way that than you can guess if the person is smarter than u :p

hints about "the" blog :p

:D

9:23 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Ah, take it from me, I am smarter than you ;)

Sorry, but that blog doesnt surface here... nopes :)

9:48 PM  
Blogger burf said...

u are ;)

:D

10:14 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Thanks :)

2:18 PM  
Blogger . : A : . said...

You're welcome!

:-)

8:14 PM  
Blogger A and A said...

Methinks it is about time I linked you! Great post. I think someone in that long list of comments said that he blogs because his friends stopped listening to him! Guess I started blogging because they would have very soon stopped listening to me! ;)

12:22 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Hehehe... yes sometimes we need fresh bakras, dont we? ;)
Thanks!

1:19 AM  
Blogger Prerona said...

hello. nice post. will be back to check out more stuff here :)

5:05 PM  
Blogger Once the Conman said...

Congrats Casa! :)
And i love this song. Have been on ur blog for over an house listening to it again and again...
In the process read all your posts too.
Beautiful.

12:10 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Prerona,
Thanks :)

Conman,
Song is beautiful, isnt it! Its by Kaavish, a pakistani group.

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home