Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Smorgasbord

Traffic from all sides. Hitting me every moment. At high speeds. No stop. No rest. Just continuous bombardment.

Makes me wish that the mind would go blank sometimes.

Thought rush hour. I'm exhausted.

--------------------------------------------------
Can I just once, be lazy?
Can I just once, procrastinate?
Can I just once, not be ambitious?
Can I just once, step out of the rat race?
Can I just once, not be so career oriented?

Can I... just this once, let myself off the hook?

Well.... I just did.

--------------------------------------------------
Does it bother you, when while having an active chat on an instant messenger, the other person suddenly disappears?
Does it bother you, when you are in constant touch with a person, and one day he is suddenly gone?
Does it bother you, when a blog that you read regularly, has suddenly vanished from blogger?

Does it bother you, that you might be the cause of someone else's botheration?

--------------------------------------------------

PS: Some time last night, my blog counter recorded its 10,000th hit. We likey!

PPS: On kind requests from 3 different people, the song on my blog was changed last night.

I miss John Abraham's song now :p

27 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha...you got flamed,casa

2:09 PM  
Blogger Jagan said...

10000 hits ah ? congrats :-)

2:47 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Docs Dope,
So this is your comeback, coz I deleted the other gross comments you left on my blog?
Well thanks for your opinion... now you can go try your trick on other blogs. You dont amuse me.

Exhaustpipe,
See reply above for the context.

Jagan,
Merci :)

2:49 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

"Does it bother you, that you might be the cause of someone else's botheration?"

Yeah it does!

"Well.... I just did."

Really? ;-)

3:07 PM  
Blogger M said...

"Does it bother you, when you are in constant touch with a person, and one day he is suddenly gone?"-->> Not happened to me yet, but you know what, I'm scared. I fear of losing contact with this particular person. Well life will take me to places and the person too...but i would never wanna lose touch with that person! Thats why i'm afraid! :(

3:17 PM  
Blogger Arroclint said...

howcome so pensive today casa?
it takes a lot for anything to bother me. guess i just enjoy being calm. also soundslike u need a big holiday.!

3:30 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Jay,
Yes, I did postpone something 'good for my career', simply coz I didnt feel like doing it.

Medha,
Yes it happens... sometimes you lose a phone number, or someone stops using a specific email address, and you lose touch. Totally. Scary eh?

Clint,
Pensive... hmmm, I guess its because of some decisions that I'm not totally at peace with it.
PS: Big holiday coming up next month. YAY :D

3:34 PM  
Blogger alice said...

Does it bother you, that you might be the cause of someone else's botheration?
yes it does....

5:43 PM  
Blogger the cowlick said...

It's fun to be ambitions and in the rat race.. you have the rest of your life to be whatever else you want.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Arroclint said...

theres no point cryin over spilt milk. life goes on. atleast u learned a lesson not to make the same wrong descision again...

6:12 PM  
Blogger burf said...

yippie 10k yippie

7:04 PM  
Blogger bluegreenflysplat said...

About botheration, yes to all. Hurray on your 10000th.. i should get a meter too.. you know, for all those people that don't come to my blog... ;)

Docs dope is an idiot and a half. Most likely is that he's a 20 year old who wants to be a doctor, and has done some weed. Don't mind him, thats how they are, those attention seeking twenty year olds...

7:31 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Alice, Burf,
:)

Cowlick,
Well... maybe we could look at it another way - I have my whole life to be ambitious. Maybe this once I can go easy on myself?

Clint,
Err... I dont even know yet if the decision is right or wrong. I've just made a decision for now.

Bgfs,
Dont judge your hits by the comments. Use a counter and you'll know how many silent admirers you have ;)
As for the idiot.. yes I suppose there are enough attention seeking weirdos out there.

8:12 PM  
Blogger totti said...

to cite your long bac post abt change...some changes you love and some changes you loathe...well. i am glad you uchanged the song..its cool :)

it does bother me sometimes that i mite be responsible but then i almost always figure it is something else :p

when they do that...do you try to bring them back or let them just be?

12:05 AM  
Blogger M (tread softly upon) said...

liked this post. have harbored thoughts of similar nature, so familiar grounds.
BTW congrats on ur 10000 mark! Good job.

12:57 AM  
Blogger karuna said...

Good job with the break, we all need one every once in awhile... hope you enjoy(ed) yours.
And yes all that stuff bothers me... a little too much actually...
Don't u dare do a diappearing act anytime soon now.

1:45 AM  
Blogger Big Man said...

great post.

Hope your mind never goes blank though. For 10000+ of us might be bothered as the blog we read regularly has just vanished

1:51 AM  
Blogger bluegreenflysplat said...

arre i was kidding naa...

3:11 AM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

u had 10,000 hits !!!....Congrats..

Traffic ...rush hour..I am exhausted.....if that was deliberate...then it's great...I guess tired would have been more appropriate

3:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to sometimes "step out" of that rat race, put your feet up and just relax :-)

Cheers!
:-)

5:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice way to hang up the boots. I've written a poetic version of stepping out of the race and putting the feet up...for a while, though

6:15 AM  
Blogger . : A : . said...

Congrats on the 10000 hits!

Sometimes you just want to shut out everything and not let anything matter. And when you let that take over for a while, it is quite refreshing.

:-)

8:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ole!

I've been trying to come up with some funky math for the hits but can't ...so Ill just say..

PUT UP SOME ADS AND MAKE SOME MONEY OFF THESE SUCKERS!

giggle...

9:20 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Totti,
Yup I like the song too :)
I guess you cant always bring it back... cant change back everything that has changed, can we?

M,
Merci :)

Karuna,
Break coming up soon. Will do a short disappearing act for a week then ;)

Big Man,
I've actually wondered what it would be like, to have a blank mind. Can it be possible that we have no thoughts in our head? None at all?

Bgfs,
I was also not serious na... ;)

Pointy,
Not deliberate, but I like the pun :)
But actually exhausted isnt too different from tired, is it?

Harshi,
Hear hear!

Manish,
Yup, just for a very short while, I assure you :)

.:A:.,
For me, shutting out one thing itself is a big achievement, doubt I can shut out everything at one go :)

Jupiter,
Ah, now that is a novel idea. Will they pay me enough to buy a pair of boots? I promise to acknowledge all my blog readers when I wear them ;)

9:42 AM  
Blogger Archster said...

i dont just get bothered, i get bloody pissed when someone im talkin to on MSN just ups and leaves with no goodbye.

Only when it comes to one particular person...

12:46 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

Alot of things used to bother me...not anymore...not since I stopped being bothered abt em :)


Keshi.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Archster,
Same here! Wish people have the sense to say 'bye' atleast!

Keshi,
Then you have achieved Zen :)

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home