Sorry Irene, but I found another
If you came here looking for gossip, I am sorry to disappoint you ;)
Irene is my hairdresser in Singapore. The only one who wouldnt insist that I rebond my hair so straight, that it would put window blinds to shame. The only one who accepted my hair the way it was - wavy, thick and very indian (Not the red-indian indian, moron!). The only one who would patiently wait for an hour while I decided exactly which shade to colour my hair with. Whats the big deal, you ask? Well.. to answer that question, I'll wait for my good friend Jupiter to read and comment on this post ;)
So on coming to HK, Irene was obviously one of the people I missed. Simply because I went to Irene's salon almost twice a week, just to have my hair washed and blow-dried. If you think I am either stinking rich or downright nuts, to pay someone to wash my hair, I assure you its not the former.
Anyway, so I finally decided to try Mina Dev'wil Hairdresser down the street today. Yes, the name doesnt inspire much confidence, but well.. for HKD50, the damage couldnt be much I thought. Well, I wasnt disappointed. The hairdresser did not insist that I straighten or layer or thin my hair! Maybe the fact that she couldnt speak english and I couldnt speak cantonese had something to do with it. Not did she make me look like a member of F4, with spiked hair and all.
And now as I flick my hair from side to side, while typing this post, and enjoy the feel... I cant stop smiling: I wont miss Irene for the next 6 months!
PS: This post surely sounds very girly. But I'm not one of those who is going to apologise for being a girl ;)


13 Comments:
am smiling.. :-) gals will always be gals..!!
And thank god for that ;)
I'm sure guys wouldnt want girls to act like guy-ish... would they?
Gosh, I don't even know which one of them is Irene, coz they're all so nice to me too. I am such a salon slut. =D
50HKD is a steal alright!
Irene's the one who washed your hair the first time you went.. and yes, $50 is so totally worth it!!
I and i
want girls to be girls when I want them for pleasure.
At all other times, I wish they wud be just guys. Not like, but just guyz. And make that damn wish to want.
Amen.
Jack Sparrow.
my hair stylist(bangladeshi guy who cuts hair for QR10) has gone on leave yesterday. wont be back for 3 months.
i dont trust anyone else with my locks so if you see me in pics lookin like a freggin baboon... blame the bangladeshi!
If you pay him only QR10, I doubt he can afford to ever come back :D
being a barber is quite a lucrative profession. hair always grows and needs to be cut. it takes 10 min to cut one persons hair. give 30 people a day and hes got a good 300 bucks. and the investment is just a comb and a pair of scissors. so if you really think about it, he can afford to take 3 months vacation!
Hmmm.. valid point. But since I've never gotten a haircut in 10 mins or 10 bucks, took time to digest ;)
Btw, why the change in profile pic. Doesnt the old one look more 'artsy'? :)
They try to straighten your hair too!! This is unbelieveable.. I think it's a world over phenomenon.. They just look at curly, messy, fizzy hair (which the owner of that hair usually loves) and they want to tame it. It's a conspiracy, I tell you!
i took at pic when i was quite bummed and dejected. little downer time. hence the pic. but lately im feelin little arrogant & cocky. hence this pic!
i'm wondering why you put in the last line or rather for whom(?)
Hmmm.. Shashi its for those girls who want to pretend they arent 'girly'. Maybe some of them read my blog ;)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home