Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Hallelujah

Firstly, I can't believe blogger is accessible from work! OMFG! How did this happen? Well, lemme make the most of it... because once I'm home, I'll be too tired to write, even though I'd like to.

So I'm halfway through my internship - I wasn't really sure this would ever happen. But it has. Investment Banking in the City in London. Still sinking in :) And no, I'm not doing M&A, and whoever thinks that investment banking is only M&A, lemme say, doesnt really know the world of finance. Project financing, leveraged financing and structured financing are all more interesting and fun than plain M&A. So yes, you morons who cant stop going on about your careers, just shut the eff up!

Anyway, work is great. And I've realised I find working more thrilling than studying. I know almost everyone in my class is looking forward to getting back to student life - an easier, relaxed life with less pressure and responsibilities. But not me. I'd take this any day. Infact, I'm a little sad that I have to wait another year before I get back to real work life again.

I'll tell you why I love it so much. I am learning a LOT. The industries I'm working on are interesting. And the team is a global one, so I get to work on deals all over the globe. One week it is Saudi Arabia, then it is Chile, and then we talking about Egypt and now I'm modeling a deal in Congo. Wow! I sometimes need to pinch myself. I was never really sure I was cut out for this, or up for this. But it turns out I am :) Add to it some reallllly excellent colleagues. A bunch of smart, witty, hardworking and interesting guys. Yes, I say 'guys' for a reason. Other than the secretaries, there are barely any women in the team. Welcome to Investment Banking, I guess.

You must be wondering why I'm suddenly waxing eloquent about my job, after 2 rather melocholic posts.... and if it was as good as I make it sound, why didn't I write about it before? I've already been interning for 6 weeks. Well, I'll tell you why. I didn't write about it, because despite work being great, I've been feeling low for a few weeks now. I've been feeling lonely. But over the last one week, there has been something to feel a little more upbeat about - I won't even name him, and it is wayyyyyyyy too early to say anything, but his presence in my life makes me a wee bit happier. Pray for me, that it only gets better!

2 Comments:

Anonymous det-res said...

Praying, really hard!!!

7:24 AM  
Blogger Utopia said...

atta girl! :-)

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home