Quick thought
Its funny how everyone assumes that I have no savings. Somewhere at the back of their mind, they think that my shopping and travel lead to irresponsible spending. This is strange - especially because I certainly have more savings and investments than the skeptics do. Maybe I dont talk about it as much as I talk about my holidays and my shoes - and fairly so. What is there to talk about it? Money for me, will always be the means to the end, not the end itself.


7 Comments:
I spend my money where I want to and I have no savings. I care shit about investment and however foolish people around me think I am, I will NOT take up a house loan until I decide I am settled.
My newest splurge: 4-figures (in pounds) on a 5-day Europe tour which included the purchase of a funky swiss watch.
-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs
i believe it is none of anyone's business to know either. let them presume what they want to. you know who you are and that's what that matters...we really cannot go about explaining everything about our lives to people..
I think its because you say it often in your blog.
To quote : "Did you ask what else is happening? I officially have no more cash to travel this year. I still have a couple of days of leave, which could be combined with public holidays for a few long weekends, but I'm broke. And HOW! It is embarrassing when your credit card company suspects fraud on your card, because your spend has come close to your card limit."
So can you blame people for making the assumption when you so openly flaunt being broke!
Hmmm.... do you really care for others' assumptions? :-)
Hey...
Where are you? Looong time!
aaah. now i know why i called you a twin!
- the erstwhile aristera
Guns,
Good on you mate. I wish I could splurge as much...
Harshi,
No we dont explain it to everybody - we just blog about it later :)
Anonymous,
Errr.. when did I say these people were all reading my blog??
Chitra,
Well, sometimes, I do. Dont we all?
Canary,
I'm somewhere around - but busy as hell :(
Aris,
I need a hug sweetie!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home