Friday, December 28, 2007

And these are a few of my favourite men.

When someone believes in you more than you believe in yourself, you desperately hope that their belief is not misplaced.

My friends have been generally supportive throughout my MBA application process. Most of them said I had a very good chance, and some said it would be okay even if I didnt. But not Jack and Brat. These two men were certain I would get an admit to my dream school. From the day I started my application, to the day I lost hope because the decision came a day late - Jack and Brat didnt waver. I wondered at times, what made them so sure. How did Jack plan his flight tickets, such that he would be here to celebrate my admit, when it could very well be a rejection? How did Brat "promise" me that I will get my admit, when he hasnt even known me for a year?

Two people I've met over the last two years - and two people I absolutely adore now. I've spent endless hours brainstorming application essays with Jack. I've spent hours obsessing and worrying about the decision with him. And he patiently assured me, always, that it will work out. For someone who is so restless, he tolerated my anxiety without frustration or (obvious) irritation. I've emailed essay after essay to Brat, and he has diligently corrected them and sent them back. For a friday evening submission deadline, I sent him the final essays on thursday night, and when I woke up on friday morning, the corrections were in my mailbox. For someone who is a self-confessed king of procrastination, he actually read all my essays in painstaking detail in one night!

It is strange how I've met you both in such unconventional ways, and yet, it has been so easy to share my mind with you. Maybe, that is why it has been so easy to share. Thank you for the confidence you have in me. You guys are such sweethearts! God knows I wouldnt have gone through this without you. And yes I will be a poor student once I get to London, but when I get that kick-ass job on graduation, I will live up to my promise - I will fly you both to London and we will have a ball!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, you're moving to London?
That's absolutely super! I'll see you in the UK if I'm still around at that time.

BTW, which school did you get into? I'd like some tips on GMAT and applications if you ever have the time.

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs

1:56 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Guns,
I'll be moving there in Aug next year. When are you there until?

I dont wanna take school names on the blog. Why dont you email me...

3:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

uhh allright. Whats your email?

11:39 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Guns,
The email is casa dot wall at gmail dot com

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home