The World this Week.
It has been so busy. For so long. But a major deadline was met on wednesday. I am not particularly pleased with the quality of my work, but it will have to do. It was still a lot of hard work. Despite the big deadline, I had to attend a client cocktail event on monday. Endless rounds of smiling and small talk over some very good white wine and champagne. So yes it is work, but atleast there was bubbly. I am such a sell-out, you say. But it really was free alcohol. *hic*
Surprisingly, the deadline completion wasnt celebrated with much else except a good hairwash. Jack didnt want to come out for a drink and I was too tired to push him. But I finally did something I have been wanting to do for a long time. A very small step. And all credit for this goes to Brat, who is an absolute sweetheart for convincing me that it was worth the trouble. He believes my photography is good and I should be doing something about it. So there, I decided to put it use by using some photos to make calendars. The printed table calendars should be with me next week and hopefully they will turn out nicely. It is a small step, I told you. But I like it. And it makes me happy - that's what matters, isnt it?
On thursday, there was another drinks do at office, but this was an internal event. Which means I could drink some more and just relax. It was hosted by the boss's boss at a very pish posh members-only club. So I decided to respect the occasion, and dress in my new black dress and new black-and-white patent heels. And I must say this in my most modest tone - but that did get me quite a lot of attention. Even White's new boss came and chatted with me for the longest time, in his most charming way. Oo la la!
Friday night dinner was at a quaint mexican restaurant with some work friends. Alfresco dining, spicy food and cold cosmopolitans. And the occasional jibe at Button. It was nice. Not great, because work friends decided to talk about work. But well... who can complain when there's free dinner at a nice restaurant?
Today was just awesome. I went for my first fire twirling lesson. Yes, you heard it right. No, she is not crazy like that. Yes, you ought to know her by now. I've been wanting to do this for a few months, and finally I found an instructor who found some more interested people, and voila, we started lessons today. Of course it will be weeks before we start on fire. For now it is about practice poi and learning the basic moves and just spinning. Did you know fire twirling was originally a Maori art called poi? I am so excited. There are blisters on my fingers with all that spinning but it doesnt matter. I will be spinning fire poi in a few months. Woohoo!
So yeah, to celebrate my first lesson, and to celebrate my first free weekend in ages, I decided to go shopping. A few hundred dollars and a few shopping bags later, I met Jack and we hogged at California Pizza Kitchen. Burp. And then we window shopped. And we window shopped some more. And then I got my first christmas gift of the season. From Jack. He is the sweetest thing ever. Did I tell you how sweet he is?? Anyways, I am now in possession of Lonely Planet's BlueList 2008. I have been eying that book for some time now. And of course it adds to my pretty travel collection. Awesome, I say.
Tomorrow promises to be busy too. Fun, but busy. I am meeting a friend for brunch at the loverly Corduroy & Finch. Their food is good, their attitude is great and the decor and concept are so chilled-out and friendly and creative. And I love the sepia photoframes on the wall upstairs. It is soooo my-kinda-place. I'm hoping the breakfast there will be good, because I've only gone there later in the day. We'll see. In the afternoon, I'm taking some photos for a friend. Should be fun. After that, I might have to go shopping again. This time for christmas gifts. But I think I should start with a list first. Gawd, I make so many of them lists!
So anyway, I've been trying not to think about the big decision coming up - but how can you ever keep your mind off it? Its almost 10 days away - and I am already freaking out. So distract me honey - I really need something outrageous!!


2 Comments:
maybe I could send a sex video !?
Brat,
Where are you... I am missing you on gtalk!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home