Thursday, December 06, 2007

Really?

December is finally here.
I am proud.
I survived a year.
Without regret.
I didnt leave me.
Poetry has left me though.
But then, so did many others.
I want to quote someone here.
I will leave it for another day.
I wonder if he will ever know,
how much he inspired me?
He doesnt read me.
So it wont matter.
And you, M, read me.
I wish, you didnt.
One day you will grow up.
Pick up the phone then.
Call me.
My number is still the same.
But I wont be holding my breath for it.

6 Comments:

Blogger WritingsForLife said...

beautiful :)

6:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It reminded me of Cherry Tree by Ruskin Bond, though both are on different things.

Esp. the line "Richer by a Cherry Tree at my door ..."

Should say, yours is so beautifully written! :)

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woman...you are amazing with words

6:07 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Raaji,
Thank you :)

Monsooner,
Now I must look up the one you are talking about. Seems intriguing.

Red,
*takes a bow*
Woman, you are generous with compliments :)

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you write very well.
I really enjoyed reading this! :)

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahem, this rings familiar. :)

./w

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home