Singled out.
We live in this city of singles,
You and I, together.
We live in this city, alone.
We shy away
From table-for-one,
And buy take-away, instead.
We don’t plan
A single movie ticket,
And go the rental way, instead.
We live in this city, alone.
We live in this city of singles,
You and I, together.
We miss a ‘someone’
To put that bracelet clasp,
When rushing out the door.
We wish for help,
To zip up that corset,
Before dressing up some more.
We live in this city, alone.
We live in this city of singles,
You and I, together.
A hug, a kiss,
A brush of hand,
That human touch we crave.
An ear, a shoulder,
A phone call, perhaps?
For the human voice, we pray.
We live in this city of singles,
You and I, together.
We live in this city, alone.


11 Comments:
You've said it all.
Same pinch!
I often do the table-for-one and a single movie ticket thingie because now I say, WTF...
-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs
couldn't agree more!
:) stumbled onto your blog
glad i did
give me a hit
www.reflectiveintrospection.blogspot.com
-mesh
Nice poem, but my feelings for the city a little different. It is never depressing for me.
ah this has the nice feel of a song to it
nice post.. kinda voiced every1s feelings...
waaaoooooonnnn ..well you have me to put on your bracelet..most of the days :)
Guns,
Is that a form of acceptance or rejection? :)
LO, Shashi,
So there are ALL of us living in this city alone, eh.
Pixie,
Thanks, hope you come back again.
Raaji,
This isnt depression, this is just acceptance of a reality, perhaps.
Shubhodeep,
It does? :)
Shub,
:)
Jupiter,
Yes, and thank god for that. Muax!
Brilliant!
I was so thinking of the same thing which you eloquently paraphrased it.
There you said it all
Such is the way things are
Of love and other demons...
never together...
single...sigh....
Pilgrim,
As I said, we all live together, alone. Sigh.
Vivek,
But there is hope, no? There is always hope. Of love, of goodness. That is what keeps us going.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home