Friday, August 10, 2007

10th August!

I feel all Friday-ey today. In a good way, that is. Yesterday was a public holiday, which means half the office is on leave today. Work is uninterrupted by stupid phone calls and stupider emails. That is, when I do decide to do some real work today. It is all in a concept state, right now, if you get the drift. So the boss is not in office, there are no meetings, and there are no bitchy colleagues today. A perfect day to dress up pretty. And pretty, I did. I wore my black-and-white striped candy-girl skirt. Yes yes, the one that Jups thinks is totally inappropriate to wear to work. And that is why I wore it today. Tee hee. And the black top which shows a bit more than just my neckline. But hey, in my defense, there is nobody at work, hence there is nobody to distract at work. And guess what, I found the perfect accessories too. My pretty white Swatch and my pretty candy earrings in B&W. The pumps are black, and god, am I color-coordinated or what. Compliments have been generous this morning. Goody good!

So it is the 10th of August, and it is a lovely Friday, and it also happens to be the birthday of two of my dear friends – Jupiter and Leo. These two people occupy a special place in my heart, and on my phone-a-friend list. They listen to me complain and whine and sulk and cry with extraordinary patience. They are the people I call, when I don’t know who else to speak to. Thanks dearies – you people are just lovely! So here’s a toast to you both – may we all get younger, wiser, smarter and more fun, than we already are. May the year be one that you file away in your diary as one of your best ones. May you smile more than you imagined was ever possible. Cheers!

There is more news to share, and plans to make, and attitudes to wear, and smiles to fake… but we shall save that for another day. For now, happy Friday, and happy weekend to you all. Muax!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dumb bitch

11:15 PM  
Blogger wildflower said...

cute post! happy birthday to Jupiter & Leo...happy blogging!;)

12:53 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Oh, its introduction time!

Hi, dumb bitch (aka swiss banker who visits my blog five times a day), I am known as Casablanca. It was nice meeting you too.

12:54 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Wildflower,
Happy birthday to them indeed :)

12:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Confused about a pair of contradictory statements:

"hey, in my defense, there is nobody at work, hence there is nobody to distract at work." and

"Compliments have been generous this morning. Goody good!"

Am I missing something!

3:46 AM  
Blogger livinghigh said...

hehehe.. i love those days too!
:)

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At anon- what the!

At Casa- why dont you just delete her comments (dunno why but im pretty certain its a "her")

7:49 PM  
Blogger WritingsForLife said...

i hope you are enjoying ur weekend :)

11:49 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Pilgrim,
Compliments have been for the perfect and color-coordinated outfit, not for the cleavage :p

LH,
Yayyy to such days :)

Silent Reader,
Not making any assumptions here...

Raaji,
Not too bad, so far :)

12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home