Friday, August 17, 2007

Sulk. Sulk. Sulk.

It was a beautiful evening. Of colourful costumes, pretty people, lovely songs and subtle romance. Jupiter and I were at center seats on the circle, for the musical 'King and I'. Of course, I had to spoil all of that by coming home and checking my CFA results online.

Bummer. Everyone thought I was crying wolf when I said I'd fail, after writing the exam. I really thought I'd fail miserably. Fail, I did. Not miserably though. Just marginally. And I dont know whether to be pleased and upset about it. I mean, to see one miss it by a few inches and having to take the effort once again next year is hugely disappointing. Or am I to tell myself, atleast I did much better than I thought - atleast I know most of the concepts? I dont know. Right now, I'm quite bummed out. At 1am on friday morning, one should not have to deal with such disappointments. I text-messaged a couple of friends, and got no replies. Bummer. Now begins the sulking routine.

There were a few things I'd planned around this Level 2, which wont work out the way I want them to, now.They say the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry... oh well, gotta deal with it.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just think that whatever happens...happens for the best.
There are ups and downs in life. just go on with it. Everything will be totallly fine.

11:24 AM  
Blogger WritingsForLife said...

Failure is a part of life. It only makes us stronger.
I wish you all the best.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Shubhodeep said...

i know it's easy to quote all the rubbish abt failure being a stepping stone to success.. but i reckon we really can't do nething except try again n keep hoping....

3:21 PM  
Blogger GuNs said...

Oh well, I remember a story from my final year of MCS examinations. It was the first semester and our exams were on. Every evening (even on the days of the exams), I would go out for a walk in the evening to unwind from the stress of studying.

This one particular evening, I felt quite low because I had hardly prepared for the exam the next day. I couldn't manage to force myself to study any more so I went out for the usual walk. I was walking with this older friend of mine and he asked why I sounded low. I told him I was probably going to fail in the following exam. He said something that really put things into perspective and I felt a lot better immediately.

"Study as much as you can and give it a shot. If you fail, you can do it next semester. What's the big deal?".

Sounds quite simple and quite stupid but I realised that failing in one exam couldn't really be the end of the world, could it?

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh chuck it c'on...you dont need any exam to prove your worth in life...

...
and no i aint sympathising or anything...

u deserve better. we all know...

go shopping i say! [:P]

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just one thing,

If you really want to do it, do it with all your heart. Then even if you fail, you know your heart was there!

In the meantime, sulk a little, drink a lot more, party a hell lot to wear of the disappointment

11:56 PM  
Blogger Shubhodeep said...

hmm... considering ur present state... maybe u wud find the present poem i posted somewhat appealing...

1:35 AM  
Blogger livinghigh said...

aw, shucks. well, ure right - at least u know the concepts well enough now. so next yr, ure gettin the flying colours thing! cheer up, casa - lets go travellin again! :)

2:44 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Qurrat,
Yes, ups and downs, and we have to deal with them. But still, regrets are there, no?

Raaji,
But must we fail when we worked so hard? :(

Shubhodeep,
Yup, will try again, next year. And I must go read your post now.

Guns,
Yup, there's no big deal... but one needs to repeat all the effort when one HAS actually put in effort. That is a bummer.

Red,
Shopping, I did. For more books, though :D

Pilgrim,
Partying and drank enough over the weekend... the blues have gone :)

LH,
Traveling. Aha. I will be in Bombay next week. Will come and say 'hello' to your city, which you are giving up now.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home