Love dont cost a thing.
These eyes detect what they should not spot. This hand wanders where it should not go. This heart covets what it cant have.
No no no no no no... DAMN!
Yes, I broke my vow to not shop. Six weeks - and I've not bought no new clothes, no new shoes, no new bags. Not even a singlet I tell you. Just a few days more, and I would have crossed the 2 month mark. I would have painted the perfect picture of restraint.
But no! I had to get tempted. I had to walk into Warehouse. I had to go to the 'Sale' rack. I had to try the tiny black skirt. I had to see how cute it looked on me. And then... I HAD TO BUY IT.
On my way home, I tried to chase the guilt away. Six weeks is a good record, I told myself. Yes I paid my entire salary in credit card bills last month, but that was because I took the well-deserved holiday in Africa and generously purchased my mom's air ticket online. Yes that was last month. This month will be better. It will be cheaper. I can afford the small indulgence.
Breathe. Breathe. Breathe.
This month will be better. It will be cheaper.
I come home, try the skirt again with my corset. Oh, the cuteness.
Yes, the guilt has been successfully chased away. Yes I can smile in my new skirt.
Oh wait... there lies my mail from last week which I havent opened yet. Let's see... ummm, that's okay. Phone bill. Usual stuff. Notices. Boring. Utilities. Yawn.
Wait... what is this?
MY TAX RETURN!
OH. MI. GAWD.
No. It will not be a cheap month. Yes I am poor again. Damn this guilt. Damn damn damn!


6 Comments:
:):) oh well... never mind!!
that's what you can tell urself everytime.
heheheh! don't we all suffer due to over spending when the sun is shining.
haahah!
Well u see someone told me this line some days back.."when the going gets tough the tough go shopping":-))
So chill...ur a strong girl babe...so go shop!
Spending your ENTIRE salary? Wow, you are talented.
-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs
hahaha... girls can never help themselves, can they?
I just dont get it. :)
Shubhodeep,
Noooooo... but it lasted a good 6 weeks! All I wanted was 2 more weeks :(
Utopia,
Sigh, guilty as charged.
Ekta,
I might be strong, but I am also terribly broke right now ;)
Guns,
Yes, thanks for rubbing it in :p
Like I mentioned, it was just a collection of big-ticket items, all in the same month. Sigh.
Raaji,
I dont get it either :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home