Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Just a thought.

I judge all the time. People I know, people I dont know. Carrie Bradshaw's oft repeated famous lines - other people do arts and crafts as hobbies, we judge. Infact, I was about to do Brat's tag on my long list of criteria for judging people. But I dont think I have it in me to write that post any more.

Most of the time, I am quite aware of people judging me back, and it has not bothered me. Maybe, because if they are people you dont really care about, it doesnt matter what they think about you. I used to be very touchy about family and friends judging me, but now that is gone too. I am who I am, and you cant do anything to change that. I dont believe I am perfect, but I do believe I am good. Rather, I am honest about who I really am. But there is a fine line between judging and ridiculing. And I dont think I am comfortable yet, with being ridiculed, especially by people close to me.

When someone judges a third person infront of you... you join in. But when that changes into ridiculing the third person, so very easily, you begin to wonder if you are being ridiculed in some other conversations at some other time. If people find entertainment in someone else's naive (yet honest) behaviour, you wonder if people speak of you in a similar way to someone else. Is it so easy to laugh at misery? Is it so easy to play? Is it so easy to break someone's trust?

I dont have all the answers. All I know is, that knowing how you laugh at someone else infront of me, I cant help but fear how you much laugh about me infront of others. Being honest about myself comes with a price tag. I just didnt know it would be this hefty.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, trust me, you're ridiculed all the time. there are people who feel better about themselves by reading your blog and thanking the merciful heavens that they are not as bad as you..

12:41 AM  
Blogger livinghigh said...

aa, shucks. its de old glasshouse theory. but then, dats why they make bulletproof glass, na?
:) dont worry too much abt it.

and yes, Max City is a nice read, though it gets a bit too terse at times. i think u'll like it.

4:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then again there is knowing the faults of another and yet being able to love them to bits.It doesn't all have to be judgement and ridicule, it could be fact and fun with the acceptance and understanding.

4:55 AM  
Blogger Subash said...

Just laugh at yourself. All the issues with judging and being judged go away! If you are fine with poking fun at yourself, you shan't be worrying about someone else laughing at you in your absence. Its easy, if you think it is!

7:06 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Anonymous,
Blah! Like I said, if people I dont care about have a point of view on me, I wouldnt give a dime for it.

LH,
I guess the point is, that there are people you feel vulnerable infront of, and you let your (bulletproof) guard down... and that is the scary part, no?

EU,
Yes it could... I just dont know which one it is.

Subash,
Well, self-deprecation has its limits, isnt it?

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home