Flight of the Phoenix
It has been a difficult week. Questions. Decisions. Trials. And tribulations. But life moves on. And so will we. A little lonelier. But a little stronger. Merlin says people like us can never be alone because we care a lot. I think that is precisely why we will be alone. Because we always wonder, if we can care, why cant the others. We ask for too much.
It is strange how I hold on to my old failures and let go of past glories. So easily. No, it has nothing to do with how many there were. Quite a few. Some, everyone can find out about. Many others, I dont talk about at all. What is there to talk about? Once you have succeeded, you need to move on. To the next target. I refuse to define my identity with my past. My identity is what I am today, and maybe a bit of what I am becoming. I find it difficult to understand people who live their whole life being who they were in their pasts.
It is almost 3am and I am painting my nails and typing out this post. I need to wake up at 6 in the morning and catch the flight at 9. I have developed this weird habit of not sleeping, or sleeping very little, before a flight. I slept a couple of hours before my HK flight last month, didnt sleep at all before the Beijing flight and slept for 2 hours before my Phuket flight. Maybe I should hit the sack. After all, I will be in Delhi by noon tomorrow and the family will expect me to be all awake and cheery.
India. 1 week. Long agenda. Fingers crossed.


13 Comments:
Oh nice..you are going to India for a week...enjoy ur stay
have a good week chick. I'm relating to most of what's said in this post - :|
A big hello to Delhi. Its home! :)
You'll spend your Christmas there?
Casablanca,
Enjoy! Your past is still a big part of who you are, it makes you tougher, wiser, saner, tamer , well I can go on....
I lost two cities, lovely ones. And, vaster,
some realms I owned, two rivers, a continent.
I miss them, but it wasn't a disaster.
---Even losing you (the joking voice, a gesture
I love) I shan't have lied. It's evident
the art of losing's not too hard to master
though it may look like (Write it!) like disaster.
Got to your blog by mindlessly clicking on the "Next blog" feature after a tiring day at work. After being able to find only blogs written in languages I didnt understand, yours was the first one in english.
Serendipity? I guess so. It was fascinating to read about your travels to far off lands. I am sorry if I make you sound like a medieval age sea explorer. I guess you wouldnt mind being one!!
Anyways, thanks for putting some of the spirit back at the end of the day. And as the Chinese say, "May you live in interesting times". Have a good trip home.
i agree- we need to look at ourselves as we are now...if we look at the past, it should be only to remind ourselves how far we have come and how far we need to go...
Kinda agrre with your first para.. Nobody cares about you.It's a selfish world.
Wishing you many days of fun ahead. :-)
You have a good one... :D
Fingers crossed?
Well good luck then.
Enjoy good old Delhi! Happy holidays!
Pointy,
In the process of doing so.
San,
Glad you do.
Aparna,
Will say a big HELLO on your behalf :)
I am flying out on 24th night, will be in Singapore on Christmas morning.
Orchid,
Yes, but at some point, you need to let go of past glories.
Jupiter,
Yes, right now, it seems like a disaster.
Anonymous,
That is a very generous comment. Hope to see you around more on the adventures of this sea explorer ;)
Muffet,
Couldnt agree more. My sentiments, exactly.
Pranay,
Dil hai ki maanta nahin :)
Sines,
Days go by very quickly. Only 3 left now :(
SS,
Thanks :)
Grati,
Yes wasnt sure I'll be able to do all that I had planned. Have managed most of it, though :)
Aris,
Thanks my dear.
Sapna,
To you too :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home