Thursday, December 14, 2006

Driving Miss Daisy.

So I passed the theory test but the bitch at the counter refused to convert my Indian driving license. Which means I will have to take the final theory test, probably a refresher course and then the practical test. For a moment, let us forget that this entire affair will cost me close to 2 grand. It will take atleast 4 months before I can get a license! Arrrghhhh. I need to scream.
*AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH*

Other than spending 45 minutes talking to the bitch at the Traffic Police counter, I spent my precious afternoon shopping for christmas presents. I am happy with my purchases, but cant tell you much for now, since they are meant to be surprises for some people who read this blog. Also shopped for the family yesterday. Every month I resolve to limit my credit card bill, but such resolutions never work, do they? *gulp* After December brings christmas expenses, January will see a Lenovo laptop and February will cover the Sydney holiday. When will I ever manage to save money! Gahhhh.

And, I finally got my precious piece of chinese art framed. I bought this painting in Beijing. It is a black ink painting for which the artist didnt use any brush or pen. He did it with his bare fingers. And the side of his palm. All in 10 minutes. Right infront of me. If that is not art, I ask you, what is? Isnt it beautiful? Doesnt the frame match just right? Doesnt it feel good to hang an original in the room?

It so does :)

11 Comments:

Blogger Samurai Jack said...

'tis the season to be jolly,
la la la la la...

:D

6:21 PM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

Wow!

And hey since when did saving money as opposed to rocking in life come across as a good idea?

7:20 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Jack,
Given what a fantastic job you did of being Santa, I am having second thoughts about buying you something. After all, whoever returned gifts to Santa?
Muahahahhaa.

EU,
Since the bank balance started dipping and dipping and dipping :(

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The painting looks good! And done right in front of you with his fingers, huh? amazing work of art. Sorry abt the license troubles. I guess it's easier in the US. I had to give a test too, but i had only 1 written +wheel test.

1:15 AM  
Blogger Jinguchakka said...

"some of the people who read your blog"?
Hope you conduct a raffle among your readers, and not just readers whom you know. :-))

2:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah! The woes of credit card bills, if you ever get to the point of restricting them let me know the magic spell you used.

Why does your word verification want me to say "phukit"? Anything to do with credit card bills, I wonder.

4:29 AM  
Blogger sinusoidally said...

Frame does match but for the life of me I cannot understand the painting. What is it?

5:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats a very nice painting indeed! :)

And 2K is damn expensive! Isnt there a way you can get an international license from hindustan?

9:42 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

LMM,
Yes, this place is horribly beaureaucratic like that :(

Jingu,
Oh c'mon, let us not get all materialistic, shall we? What about the pure joy of knowing my blog, huh :D

Urbanpro,
The magic spell is a bigger salary.

Sines,
It is a chinese landscape. Hills, a river, a stone bridge. Does that help?

Aparna,
Residents here are not allowed to drive on the international license. That can only be used by visitors.

Aris,
Now if only you would reply to my email, would I be able to do something about a christmas present, isnt it :p

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, thank you for asking. I want Jamie Oliver's cookbook. Any one of his cookbooks will do.

Thenk you for your corporesan.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Whatever happened to the art of being subtle... ;)

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home