Sunday, May 28, 2006

I want to know...

Main to uljha raha, uljhano ki tarah
Doston mein raha, dushmano ki tarah...

Why do we reserve our caustic selves for our friends? Why do we preserve our sharpest tongues for conversations with those we like? Why, are we sometimes more civil to strangers than to those we know, like and want to hold on to?

Baffles me.

And no, explanations like we are our true selves infront of friends does not make sense.

22 Comments:

Blogger A and A said...

It's written in the unwritten friendship contract that one must put up with one's friends sharpest tongues, getting hit with the bluntest objects, being floored by the slap that came out of nowhere, not to mention taking care of you when you are so smashed you can't see you hand in front of your face. Can you imagine doing all this to a comparitive stranger? You'll probably get your entire khandaan abused and kicked hard in the butt to boot.

2:15 PM  
Blogger A and A said...

And if at all I have to get kicked, I'd rather a friend do it than a stranger. :D

2:16 PM  
Blogger Mr. J said...

Hmmm..... True... I was just being myself.. you call it rude but I can't be this way to strangers Ohh please, gimme a break.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Brood Mode said...

"Why do we reserve our caustic selves
for our friends?"

We just need someone on whom we can take out all the anger and the bitterness.

I sound cynical?

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

> Why do we reserve our caustic
> selves for our friends?

We do?

2:06 AM  
Blogger GuNs said...

I agree with the initial commentators. Maybe its just the fear of retaliation [:-P] !!

LOL, seriously, maybe its because we take friends for granted. We know they'll excuse such behaviour and it wont make much of a difference in or relationships whereas with a stranger, even one rude word might ruin whatever relationship you want to have with them !!

-PeAce
--WiTh
---GuNs

2:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was hoping against hope that you don't post something new... yes, me also from the camp that save the worst for 'dear' friends... You got tagged!

Ciao!

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

trust.
nobody else will take our nonsense.

i like reading this wall. :-)

11:37 AM  
Blogger Ekta said...

*Why, are we sometimes more civil to strangers than to those we know, like and want to hold on to?*
Bang on!!!
Wonder why....guess coz a lotta times we take people we love for granted...!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'll have what gpcqlh is having...

same reason why we babytalk with the ones we love...we can't risk making asses outta ourselves in front of total strangers..

but i get your point. =)

1:59 PM  
Blogger twip said...

err,my friends are brainwashed see?

they are but pawns in my neverending quest for world domination...muahahahahaha.(planet feminaz-that'll be the new name for earth, BTW)

PS: Im not drunk or anything, Im extremely sober. I just didnt feel like sounding serious or insightful..:D

toodles!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Archster said...

true. so true. similar things i too think abt.

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

because we don't mind offending those we know won't ditch us?

like why we're so uncivil with mother dearest for a good part of our lives :)

4:01 PM  
Blogger Inkblot said...

got to vent somewhere I guess. wish it weren't so tho..

5:14 PM  
Blogger Bhavesh said...

hhhmmm.. god knows yaar..!!

5:17 PM  
Blogger Anand said...

I agree with Ekta--its coz we dare not take outsiders for granted but people like our close frds and family, we assume we can take them for granted and behave in anyway we want!

5:19 PM  
Blogger Mr. J said...

Hi Cas. You've been tagged. Would you be so kind enough to check the details on my blog and do the needful please?

Thank you.

1:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaa d-o-j,
was just a shot of wv.
like i'm having yet again.

and its so convenient too. just cut and paste!

5:37 AM  
Blogger bilbo said...

hey,
well I feel we also reserve our best for our friends. Yes we are polite to the strangers, but do we practically lay down our lives for them. Nopes.
I have very few friends, but when I look at the time we've been friends and the distance we've covered in our lives, I guess we must be doing something right.

8:57 AM  
Blogger alice said...

'coz we are assholes...

3:46 PM  
Blogger ligne said...

Its simple really.. its an effort to be nice all the time na? And your closest friends are the ones you spend most time with..so once in a while..the sharp tongue will go havoc..
even though regret often ensues..it is hard to restrain all the time.

12:15 AM  
Blogger Chitra said...

Hyuck hyuck...nope! We go out of the way to be ourselves in front of our friends :)!

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home