Internal dialogue
So apparently we likes to complicate our life, precious.
No...
Did you say 'no'? Now now, accept it! We likes to first complicate things, and then solves them, so that we feels good about ourself. We put ourselves to nasty little 'challenges', so we can later be pleased about being 'up to it'.
You mean I complicate things because I want to feed my ego?
Yes yes precious, you can say that. If its any consolation, the other hobbitses do it too. We feels we need to do difficult and complicated things in life, to earn our right to live... to reassure ourselves, that we are worthy... worthy of 'the precious'.
So its all internal? Its all about me and my pride?
Umm... well, the external always influences the internal, now doesnt it my love? Everyone in middle earth seems to be burying themselves in work. There is a certain suspicion that comes with a comfortable life... a sneaky feeling.
Oh, tell me about it! I have comfortable working hours, a reasonable pay and generally, a good life. And I think... it cant be this simple, can it? I'm always looking for the 'catch'!
Maybe there isnt a catch! Isnt the fat hobbit working hard, just to be able to have a comfortable life?? And we wants to complicate our life, and add problems to it... 'cause its too comfortable right now? Are we going nuts, my love???!!
No I'm not! But people around me make me feel guilty about taking life easy.... damn them, damn them all to hard work and no peace!
Now now... we must not listen to those voices.... we must NOT, precious!
* I hereby resolve to keep my life simple and comfortable, by enjoying myself and not burdening myself with useless examinations which can be avoided, and which add no value to my present, in any manner!*
Repeat after me... and cross your heart after you have taken the oath.


24 Comments:
I hereby resolve to keep my life simple and comfortable, by enjoying myself and not burdening myself with useless examinations which can be avoided, and which add no value to my present, in any manner!
Now, that's BORING!
i do :D
:D
Anu,
No.. the voices are definitely from the comments space :D
Cowlick,
No its not boring.. YOU are one of them too???
Burf,
You lost me there. You do what?
Ravi,
Lol. Maybe its you.. maybe not ;)
of course! complications in life are sexy.. they give the feeling of being involved.. everyone likes to think they're leading complicated lives and that there's no solutions to their problems.. that's where the FUN is!
If it is'nt for the nasty hobbitses who stole the precious from us, in the first place. i would'nt be going to mordor at all! When pained by nasty hobbitses around you, do the right thing.Feed them to HER!!Hang on..i thinks i sees a fish! be right back :p
Cowlick,
Nope. Still not convinced. As Anu says, trade lives with people who would do anything for a simpler life :)
There is a false sense of bravado associated with leading a complicated life. Why isnt a simple life fun? Its simple, doesnt mean its boring.
Anu,
I agree.
Totti,
Lol. Yup, we can feed them to her. She is always hungry... muahahahaha.
i do believe what u said is correct. uncomplicated the better.
I think I am in the same boat as u...Life has been really easy this entire year..graduation / job etc...and I think I shld be working harder..I feel something is missing !!.
I hereby resolve to keep my life simple and comfortable, by enjoying myself and not burdening myself with useless examinations which can be avoided, and which add no value to my present, in any manner!
addition : and if you are mean to me..speak whatever you will at your own risk.i will set your hair on fire if i dont like it.
A great resolution! But once used to challenging yourself... whether internally or externally motivated th "ptove yourself" ... the habit becomes hard to break... you'll find yourself justifying all exams as "necessary"...
hmmm. interesting post! nice blog though. my first visit. do visit my blog again
You cant keep cribbing all ur life for a stupid ring (try getting a matrimonial blog if u want the ring so bad) :)
you forgot to swear on the precious :)
**I hereby resolve to keep my life simple and comfortable, by enjoying myself and not burdening myself with useless examinations which can be avoided, and which add no value to my present, in any manner!*
Spot on!
**Repeat after me... and cross your heart after you have taken the oath.
It will echo im my head forever from now on... :)
Keshi.
Rahul,
Bold decisions might sometimes be necessary... to choose simplicity over complexity.
Anu, Burf, Keshi,
Join the club :-)
Pointy,
Nothing is missing... maybe we worked hard last year, to make this year easier? It doesnt have to be a work-a-day-for-your-living, does it?
Zii,
Arson. Lol. I think Shelob was a better solution ;)
Nandini,
Maybe some people can get over the idea of "proving themselves"? Maybe some people have proved it enough already?
Shubhodeep,
Thanks.
Rohan,
Aaarrrggghhh! So that was your comeback line?
Try harder :D
(You ought to respect justice... the case did go my way :p)
Anshul,
Oops... sorry, I swear on, the precious!
*crosses her heart*
If that was ur comeback to the comeback I rest my case in the light of lack of a quality opposition :)
I already offered you the white flag at Totti's :p
And why no updates on your blog?
uh.. it's not like one must live to complicate one's own lives.. yet, if they happen, you don't want to shut yourself and hope it passes. You want to fight it. You want to solve it. You want to make sure it doesn't happen again. That's called life, people, not sitting at home and living a "simple life".
I'm not saying one must go and look for complications, but when they do come into your lives as uninvited guests, you have to always be prepared to face them. (And that, btw, is what makes life interesting. complications=challenges. geddit?)
Yup, with you on that. But we must not invite complications... which is EXACTLY what I did, by enrolling for a stupid exam that I now dont feel like studying for!
aah.. exam.. is that what it's all been about? I thought it was luuuve or something that we were talking about here..
* I hereby resolve to keep my life simple and comfortable, by enjoying myself and not burdening myself with useless examinations which can be avoided, and which add no value to my present, in any manner!*
Of course the idea was the extend it to life, but exams surely started this off... :)
wow....that's Deep stuff.
This reminds me of the blue devil vs. the red devil.
Harshi,
:)
.:A:.,
Haha... it was meant to remind of Ghollum, and his alter ego :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home