Musings
Sometimes, you wonder if you will ever be able to let go. If you will ever be able to move on.
But you do...
And the realisation that you have unconsciously moved on, comes very suddenly, and very late.
------------------------------------------
Too much of a good time is scary, because we know it wont be there forever.
What if we get used to it, only to find that its gone? How do we then, get used to not having a good time?
------------------------------------------
Do you rewind the day in your head sometimes, and wish you had said or done things differently? I do.
Will time machines ever become a reality? Can I really never change the past, one variable at a time?
------------------------------------------
When the tears have dried up, it doesnt mean you've become stone-hearted. It means you've already cried your quota.
Dont go out looking for more!
------------------------------------------
Why is shopping therapeutic? Why? Why?
I've given up. I dont think I can find a valid reason...
Maybe some day I'll study psychology.
------------------------------------------
Why is your damn phone switched off? I've been trying to call you for 2 days.
You are my friend. You are supposed to be there for me!
------------------------------------------
Some thoughts in my head, buried in the pillow, just before I fell asleep.........


30 Comments:
Thats some profound thinking to end one's day....
Hmm..what can i say! Exactly the things i have been thinking for a while now.
"Why is shopping therapeutic?" Just a satisfaction that you give yourself that even if certain things in life or certain moments during the day didnt exactly go your way, theres always that sexy top/pants or those pencil heels you know you want and you KNOW that you WILL get it! Something that you have complete control on!=)
And we do move on don't we? Suddenly you realise that you DID move on and then remember those days when you KNEW that it would be just impossible to do so. But like the say, time heals. Life goes on.
"Why is ur damn fone switched off?" Oh well, i've been busy with work babe...ya'know... (Okok..corny joke..) But yeah i know how ya feel hon. Been through all.that.jazz! =)
Pointy,
Yup :)
Medha,
But if its about control, why dont men find it therapeutic as well?! There are enough control-freaky guys out there too!
They lack patience my dear. Patience is still an alien word in their dictionaries (for most men).
And there are two sects of men who do find shopping therapeutic. That would be the Meterosexuals and gays. Try shopping with either one of them; its a real pleasure!
But yeah, when you are out for this 'therapeutic shopping' of yours, go alone. Dont ask a man to tag along. Or else your day mite end up getting worse!
I disagree with the fact that men are not a patient lot!
The first one is so very true.
ss- I said MOST men..i didn't say ALL men! And im no sexist here trying my best to degrade men. Am just speaking from what i have observed over the years. =)
Ponderings of a thoughtful soul...
I relate to the first one a lot. It hits you in the face ...and hard. Difficult accepting it then.
Rewind my day ...nah! Not so much but life - all the time. I just have so many options already penned down in my diary somewhere about all the things I'd do differently.... and wait paitiently for the day the Time machine is invented. C'mon all you nerds out there!!
Shopping is something even I find therapeutic and I am a guy. I dont think its limited to women alone. It's just that men and women shop differently. Women love variety and hunt till they actually have the guy digging in the godowns but men have set notions in their mind and know exactly what they want (speaking for myself). And hell i love a good splurge on myself anyday.
Medha,
Dont bother explaining... the men here tend to get defensive and make everything a gender war ;)
SS,
Its ok to disagree, but Medha did say 'most' men :D
.:A:.,
I guess a lot of us have been at that stage in life.
And yes, stop confusing us... if you arent in Bombay, where are you? :p
Saurabh,
Ok lets not go down the gender-differences road again!
Patience.. the time machine will come.
very downer-pensive mood today ya?
Clint,
Well ya.. but yesterday.
Better today :)
hmm. makes me wanna listen to that beatle's track..... "yesterday... all my troubles seemed soo far away..."
You make me sound awfully chauvinistic ;-)
I aint! *protest thump*
An observation that came to mind. Most of your posts recently look like residues of some major overhaul in the grey cell factory. Why the sudden splurge of thought brigade?
Clint,
I can see that you arent 'displaced' yet, but maybe 'moved'? ;)
Saurabh,
Glad you clarified that.
Well its not a sudden splurge of thought... its what my blog has always been. Right from the first day :)
Had this passage for my school leaving English exam. Long time ago. Me thinks it was titled "Different prespectives on shopping from a gender based standpoint". And yes I didnt study much after these exams.
" Men evolved into creatures that made a quick kill and then went home. Today that's exactly how men like to shop. Women shop the same way as their ancient ancestors would gather food: heading off for the day with a group of other women to a place where someone remembered some tasty things were seen growing.There does not have to be a specific goal or directive and time limits are not important. They spend the day wandering from place to place in an unstructured way, squeezing, smelling, feeling and tasting all the interesting things they can find, while at the same time talking with each other on a range of unrelated topics. If nothing was available or ready for picking and they returned home at the end of the day with little to show for their efforts , they still felt excited that they had had a great day. For men, this is an inconcceivable concept. For a man to go out for the day with a group of other men with no clear destination, no clear goals, objectives or time limits, and to return home empty-handed, would class him as a failure. This is why, when a man is asked to buy milk, bread and eggs on the way home from work, he may come home with sardines and marsmallows. He forgot what she asked him to get and came home with a couple of 'bargains' instead - his very own quick kill."
Jack.
wow! I agree with alllll of them.. the exact same things have been happening with my life.. you're the best ya, casa!
Really liked your thoughts.....
Loved especially the very first one. And also, the one where you talk about the tears drying up. How is it that people think that when tears dry up, it means we are "over" something. Far from true.
Jack,
Pyschology 101?
Cowlick,
Seems like we all lead the same lives, dont we? Just that the sequence of events and thoughts might be mixed up :)
Harshi,
Yup, if you dont cry any longer, doesnt mean it doesnt hurt anymore!
Hey,
the first one was too gud, just reminded me of a famous line 'THE SHOW MUST GO ON..'
get into meditation
tame ur mind
and then all the problems would be gone
:D
Khushi,
Yes the show must go on, but what is surprising, is that sometimes the show goes on, without you realising it :)
Burf,
No problems, just thoughts actually. Yea maybe I should try meditating... a friend is into it, but I just cant concentrate.
I know I don't know you well at all (even virtually!) but I do hope you will excuse this outburst of emotion but - *hug
Two reasons really - One, for the beautiful simplicity of what you said... Been listening to exactly what you said for a variety of reasons but not one person has been able to express this as lucidly.
Second, because you've said *exactly* what I wanted to so much better than I ever could. :)
Good musings.Well thought too. A few of them were voicing my thoughts, only in a nice crisp fasion.
The good times thing does scare me.but its allright.And i was on the other end of the not picking up the phone.I promise to pick it up next time you call :p
Boy did u catch any sleep with so many thoughts floating thru ur head :)
loved the way u've explained this,.......When the tears have dried up, it doesnt mean you've become stone-hearted. It means you've already cried your quota.
Dont go out looking for more!'...i m gona save it somewhere...and read it later ....again...
and abt shopping.even i wonder why....its like....an eternal question ...something like....what do women want.....or what goes on in their heads....
Extempore,
Hugs and kisses are always welcome :D
Totti,
You'd better pick up the phone the next time, or else......!!
Rohan,
Yes, buried these thoughts and went to sleep. Marked them as *to be continued* ;)
Alice,
Yea I think sometimes we look for reasons to cry, but we shouldnt.
Your speaking my mind!!!
Except mayeb for shopping being theraputic, doesn't work for me.
wow! i loved that!
excellent observations! they really ring true!
Karuna,
I thought you too went shopping after your exams. Didnt enjoy it?
Gulnaz,
Yea, some of them are sad realisations, but still true.
loved the last one
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home