Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Fairy Tales and Flying Monkeys

A friend of mine visited my blog for the first time today. He had 2 things to say about it - its honest, and its not a fantasy world.

Honest? Was I glad to hear that or what! I mean, its like part of my blog's mission statement - to be honest (yes, I use corporate lingo to make myself seem important, but you get the point).

Not a fantasy world? Yes its not. And thankfully so.
I read a few blogs, which are sweeter-than-sweetness, and have more than their share of flying animals and talking birds in LaLaLand. Dont get me wrong. I have nothing against sweetness. I wear pink nail polish and have pretty daisies on my office table. Infact, I love "sweet" and "cute" things. But here's the thing - I refuse to make up stories on my blog, in order to make every incident in my life seem sweet. I refuse to put a halo around my head when I blog, or when I comment on other blogs, or when I read comments on my blog.
I also refuse to pick up my daily dose of gyaan from the 'moral-of-the-story' of every post I read - no, I'm not being a hypocrite. I do offer 'moral-of-the-story' on many of my posts, but if you dont agree with me, and if you want to voice your disagreement on my blog, you are more than welcome.

Trust me, I dont pretend to have a darker or deeper side than the next person. Nor do I pretend to have an extra pair of devil's horns. But yes, if you are going to go around the world distributing sunshine stories like they were invitations to LaLaLand, I might have to play the devil's advocate, and just point out the sunset to you.

I dont have a dark side. I just have two sides.

17 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Trust me, if you're not truthful, you'll read this blog in ten years time and say "Who the hell was I kidding?"

Some of my older posts are so disturbing that I pray noone reads them...but the world isnt a garden full of My little ponies.

Whats the point in being delusional, right?

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaye Laddeeess,

how come only 2 sides mah ?

whateva happen'd to
front? back? left? right? good? bad?

5:02 PM  
Blogger Once the Conman said...

Well said my friend. Very well said. You know, somehow I could just make out that you ain't no walking talking pretense. As straight as they come. I guess people alike sniff each other out.
Just a thought: Howcome there ain't no post ever about Shankar?

5:20 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Whatever :p

5:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Who is this Shankar? the guy who I almost got married to?

Fact: Lass is the fem. of Lad.

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dahling Jupiter !!!

Wooaah! Woaah ! Shiok !
Can be spell-checker too .. :)
blogger..spell-checker..

Woaah !! Multi-tasker !

A glass of cognac sometimes makes
ladies as laddeees.
But don't fret, i said 'sometimes' only. Still a good spell checker u mah. Still good...Still good..

8:03 PM  
Blogger Anshul said...

sunset can be better than sunrise at times. you don't have to wake up (very early) for it...

9:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my dear pirate, I was only goofin around ;-)

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jupiter honz,

thts why i mentioned the cognac bit. It ws a giveaway, not merely a hint :)

10:15 PM  
Blogger Bhavesh said...

hmm.. dat was serious stuff..!!

11:13 PM  
Blogger . : A : . said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog and commenting. Look forward to seeing you around.

12:27 AM  
Blogger Brood Mode said...

that was pretty strong, and brutally honest too

6:45 PM  
Blogger Arroclint said...

heard the ying and yang story?

7:34 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Heard of Yin and Yang.. but whats the story?
I'm all ears :)

7:35 PM  
Blogger Arroclint said...

i donno exactly, thats y i was askin you... but i will research and let u know...
im sure theres a story...

8:21 PM  
Blogger Shashi Iyer said...

directly from flow... that's super or are you sure?
p.s. i really like your blog!

8:43 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Thanks Shashi :)

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home