"Forget it"
"Forget it"... we use it so often in our conversations. Do we really want to end the conversation and 'forget' the topic when we say so? Do we really think the other person is stupid enough not to understand any further explanation?
Or... do we just like pretending, that we are complex persons?
If you are complex, simplify.
If you are frustrated, relax.
If you really need to... then move on.


12 Comments:
I say forget it, when I think further explanation is pointless and the topic of discussion isn't important anyway.
i agree wid conman..!!
i think forget it sounds better than "butt, f*ck it".
hate ending converstations with refrences to anal sex.
Yeah I say it when I think the person facing me is blundering dopehead. Some arguments just go round and round...
So do I move on? Well someone told me "If we don't fight, we'll fade out"
"If we dont fight, we'll fade out"
Yes exactly! Hear hear, Jupiter.
Arroclint, no swearing on my blog ;)
The SG govt can take bloggers to court for all the wrong reasons you know :P
this pos makes a lot of sense, methinks
we say forget when maybe the argument is going in circles and there's no way the other person will, forget agree with, even understand your point of view..
Yes, I agree with all of you. Yet, I think some people, sometimes, say "forget it" and mean "I dont want to argue anymore... just take my point as gospel truth". You dont believe me?
Well.. I do that some times ;)
Well, there are times when you know the topic has reached a point of no progress. Talking more about it isn't going to help, so maybe the best thing is to forget it. The words can have unsaid suffixes, though, like, "... for now".
apologies casa... will tone it down next time...
:-) wise men think alike... or rather fools seldom defer...
V
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home