Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Time to go.

Written on the flight from Hong Kong to Shanghai on Sunday, 11 November 2007.


Four days were too short. But then, any length of time is too short for Hong Kong. If I begin to list what all I did, the list wont be too long. Shopping and partying would probably be it. But still, I was kept busy. Why else would I not even switch on my laptop even once while I was there? I wrote on the flight to Hong Kong, and now I’m writing on the flight to Shanghai.

I had loads of fun. LOADS. I think I am convinced I need to return to Hong Kong to live here for some time. Lead a real life, maybe. I hung out with friends. I reminisced. I shopped - rather crazily. Day zero - I was already in possession of brown suede boots from aerosoles. You can imagine how much I spent if they gave me their lifetime membership card. Day one - and I began the shopping spree. Not one, not two, but three pairs of formal shoes from Le Saunda. Yes, I think this is indicative of some deeper psychological issue that I dont want to resolve as yet. But the shoes are oh-so-pretty. One just doesnt get that stuff in Singapore. Black suede, brown leather and a black-and-white patent. Ooh la la. Add to it, a brown skirt from Mango and (yet another!) black dress from Zara. Oh, and did I tell you spent a load on getting a hair treatment at the Esprit Salon? The stylist was adorable AND she told me I was beautiful. Oh, she invited me to her birthday drinks the same night. They even gave me an Esprit retail discount voucher, which I very generously gave to Stitch, my host. Told ya, Hong Kong is full of friendly people.

I took the customary tram ride - from Kennedy Town to Causeway Bay. I think there is no better way to experience the madness of Hong Kong than by taking the slow tram through the island. It is like watching an action movie in slow motion. A weird luxury of time I can afford only when I go to Hong Kong. I took my camera along and clicked away. Surprised a few. Amused a few. But mostly, amused myself. A lovely experience, yet again!

Partying in Hong Kong just gets better and better. Jack’s girlfriend was an absolute sweetheart - took me partying to some swanky new places on thursday. Friday was spent at the usual hangouts, and saturday was at Club No 9 - oh such fun was had, such awesome people were met, such copious amounts of alcohol was consumed. *hic*

I now leave my favourite city to spend a week in China - Suzhou, Hangzhou and Shanghai call.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooo... ive been show-window-shopping here. hehe. LUVVIT! the boyfrnd cant understand the fascination! hehe

12:14 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Hehehehe... doesnt the boyfriend like shopping???

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home