Monday, October 15, 2007

Mera Kuch Saamaan.

ek so sola chaand ki ratein ek tumhare kaandhe ka til 
geeli mehendi ki khushbu, jhoot mooth ke shikwe kuch
jhooth mooth ke wade sab yaad karaa do
sab bhijwa do, mera vo saamaan lauta do

(Ijazzat - Mera Kuch Saamaan)

One of my favourite hindi songs. Aris introduced me to it and W got me addicted to it. I still remember how W explained this line to me.
ek so solah chand ki raatein - 116 moons, which is 120 nights or 4 months, less 4 new moons.
Could there be a more beautiful way to mark a 4-month relationship or a 4-month separation, or any 4-month period?

----------
In other news, I was in a cab last night, returning home from Jack's place, when I met with an accident. Unpleasant stuff - the impact was bad but since I had belted up the injury was minimal. I have a bruised shoulder and my left arm hurts but other than that I am okay. Except that I still cant forget the two seconds before the collision where I saw the other car speeding towards my door. I was in quite a state of shock after that, so I called Jack, who being the sweetheart he is, came running and took me home. I'm going to see a doctor today and rest some, and should be fine by tomorrow. Thank god for that.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dreamcatcher said...

that song is toooooo good
and get well in a jiffy

11:36 PM  
Blogger Wanderlust said...

get well soon!

3:33 PM  
Blogger Shubhodeep said...

lovely song... i love it..


btw hope u r recovering...

p.s. didn't know bad accidents occur here too

3:05 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

DC,
I know. I'm addicted to the song.

Wanderlust,
Thankee :)

Shub,
Oh well, this was quite a bad accident, but thank god I was belted up.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home