Flying to my happy bubble
On the flight to Hong Kong - 7th November 2007
I am rarely at a loss for words. But halfway through this flight to Hong Kong, I dont have any words to describe my mood. Happy? Elated? Excited? Perhaps ‘relaxed’ comes close to what I am feeling. A feeling that I rarely experience in Singapore these days. Friends wonder why and how I travel so much. I travel to get away from myself. I maintain my sanity in Singapore, by stealing myself away every few months. A bit crazy perhaps, but I need to. I think more than a question of wanting to travel, I actually do need to travel. For myself.
Hong Kong is different though. It is not another new place that I need to explore. It is home. It is, my happy bubble. Since I left that city, I’ve always wondered why I have this passionate love for it. With every visit to HK, I fear that perhaps this time, I wont enjoy it so much. Perhaps this time, I will realise that it is not all that i make it seem. But no. It doesnt disappoint. There is an excitement-meets-happiness-meets-madness-meets-comfort-meets-familiarity feeling, having a bit of a ball in my mind right now. And I love it.
I guess I have some lovely memories of the place. But more than that, I love the way it surprises me every time, yet never gets me worked up. I never have to worry when I am there. I know the place like the back of my hand. I have lovely friends to hang out with. I have several open invitations for my accommodation. I know where to shop, where to party, where to relax, where to zen out, where to zone out. I love how after having spent so much time there since 2005, I still find new places to go to and new things to discover. This peace, this carefree abandon, this smile on my face - I have waited patiently for a year to return. And now that I am on my way there, I think I am really, on my way, to my happy bubble.


4 Comments:
may your happy bubble never burst :)
way to go!
I need a happy bubble! Good for you.. there are always people who can make you feel down, but places.. places never disappoint. Have a happy bubble holiday!
-mockingbird
"travel to get away from myself"
:D love the idea .. i just run outta my city ...
Red,
I hope so too :)
Mockingbird,
True, I think I've started being more passionate about places than people. Le sigh.
San,
Well Singapore is too small, one has to fly overseas to get away :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home