Thursday, September 13, 2007

Blah!

So she is at it again. Studies, that is. What is it this time, I hear you mumble? Ummm, the GMAT. I write it in 2 weeks time. And I am nowhere near prepared. But I'm working my way to it. I took Monday off to study. On tuesday, I carried the book to work and was at it on my way and during lunch and then after I came back. Today, I decided I needed a break. So it was time for dinner with Jack followed by a movie. Ratatouille. How charming... a chef in Paris. There is a part where the place is flooded with rats, which grossed me out a bit, but otherwise, it is quite a sweet movie. Ratatouille - a stew, pheasant's food.

Well. Food. It so happens, that I've been eating a lot these days. The tummy is decidedly taking up a life of its own. On sunday, I had lunch at home. Then I had crepes for an early dinner, followed by brownies of epic proportions. After that, I came home and had fried rice for supper. Oh god! What is wrong with me! I so need to get on a diet. Like stop all sweets and desserts and what-have-you, and stick to sandwiches and salads. And coffee. Sigh.

And yes. One must talk of travel plans now. I mean, by now you ought to know me? I am either traveling, or recuperating from it, or planning it, or dreaming about it. So after the big exam and such, one feels that one deserves a break. We are talking end of October / start of November. The options are:
- visit parents in India for diwali and be done with the guilt of not having gone home for more than a year
- take up the sister's offer and visit her and the winter in China
- do a week-long trip in Vietnam (company: desired, but not mandatory)
Help in decisions, anyone?

20 Comments:

Blogger Shubhodeep said...

he he go to china and give us a true picture of what's happening there.. :P... or go to india and tell us what's not happening there... hmm.. vietnam we'll leave to the imagination for the present....

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your sis is in china? how nice..whats she doing there?

5:23 PM  
Blogger GuNs said...

How does Italy sound in Jan/Feb?

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who eats sanwiches while on a diet? * snigger snigger *

and coffee? * snigger snigger snigger *

aristera

12:26 AM  
Blogger WritingsForLife said...

Good luck with you GMAT.
I like ratatouille. It was sweet :)
Cheers!!

12:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your new layout.
:)

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

also, why dont you consider visiting Pakistan?
:)

11:29 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Shubhodeep,
Well I've been to China and India before, so give me better reasons now :)

Anonymous,
Ummm, I cant really tell much, can I, since this is an anonymous blog? :)

Guns,
Sounds very very tempting, but I might just be flat out BROKE by next year :(

Aris,
Just because you are all slim and sexy does not mean you can poke fun at us fat people?!?! *pouts*

Raaji,
Thanks!

Anonymous,
I find the template a bit grey though... hmmm. Pak is surely on my must-visit list. I am just waiting for the right time and some company :)

11:42 PM  
Blogger Shubhodeep said...

ah have you heard of reducio ad absurdum?... try n connect that to this case and you'll know why you shouldn't go to vietnam :P....

neway, long time since i saw you at my blog..

9:04 PM  
Blogger G Shrivastava said...

LOL at Aris-Casa exchange! You have to ignore that boy Casa, he makes me think I'm fat just because I"m not size 2!

Me says China/Vietnam, though senti reasons would push towards home..hehe not much help am I? ;-)

1:20 AM  
Blogger G Shrivastava said...

PS Prefer this lay-out to the previous one...

1:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be more than glad to give you company while you are in Pakistan. I live in Lahore. :)
Just let me know whenever you plan to visit. Okay?
Umm, would it be safe to disclose my email id here??

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay so I just added you on Google talk. I hope you dont mind. Please accept the invitation. :)

1:12 PM  
Blogger GuNs said...

Yeah right, chicken!
C'mmon... be a sport.

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs

7:57 PM  
Blogger Shruti said...

Umm.. South Africa won't be that bad though( you can work with WHO out there ;) )and not hard as italy on your pockets.
n the backdrop JUST AWESOME!!!!
:)

4:11 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Shubhodeep,
Yes, the office has blocked blog access. Sigh.

Plain Jane,
And he still thinks he needs to lose weight. Sigh.

Anonymous,
Thanks for the offer, very generous. And I will catch you on gtalk sometime... seldom online though.

Guns,
Are you providing free accommodation in Italy? :)

Shruti,
Why SA? I've already been there this year.

10:17 PM  
Blogger toothpaste4dinnr said...

Why don't you take a break from everything and opt for rehabilitation, stretching for a few months? Sit and meditate, in pursuit of peace, consolidate your thoughts, try to transform yourself from an individual who is a relentless complainant, into one who is a little more subdued.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

See what I mean?
I hardly earn enough to provide accommodation for myself!

:) But seriously, you cant?

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs

9:08 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Deadly,
Oh please, ever heard of the word 'catharsis'? I forgot, you are quite the kid, arent you.

Guns,
Some time next year, but when exactly, I cant say yet :)

12:47 AM  
Blogger toothpaste4dinnr said...

Thank you.

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home