Friday, September 07, 2007

Main, aur meri tanhayee.

It becomes increasingly difficult
to find a soul-mate
when you add so many colours
to your life.
How will you find someone
who will understand
the ochre and burgundy
between the orange and the red?
The different shades of grey
each has a name for you.
But for someone else?
Remember,
for every new have-done
that you add to your life,
you become increasingly
alone.

12 Comments:

Blogger once again said...

:-)

and for every have done, you've explored yet another possibility :)

whats the joy, if there were to be no frogs before prince charming :-)

1:34 PM  
Blogger WritingsForLife said...

sometimes, life is hard but just remember that good things are around the corner!

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is why they say, wait for the right person/ people to come into your life. They bring in their own colours so you can make new tints and shades.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Brat,
The 'have-done' was to define activities, not men ;)
(and enough with the frogs already, no?)

Raaji,
This is not depression, this is reality, or an attempt to come face-to-face with it.

EU,
But sometimes I fear I am too independent a person to allow anyone else to add their colours :(

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

admire you ... for having said whats been troubling me awhile
resent you ... for having said it first, and saying it so well

~ youdontknowme (then again, mebbe you do, i am everywoman, where 'every' means me)

6:00 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Anonymous,
Thanks for the compliment :)
And I envy you for your anonymity... sometimes I wish I could go back to my days of complete anonymity on this blog.

6:31 PM  
Blogger San said...

hey casa ...

Such a beautifuly captured post - i think about all those things but could never have expressed it as beautifully as you have done

x

3:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! So true!

And when every conversation with my mom ends with my marital status being discussed threadbare, sometimes, I wonder, how do I meet someone who can understand "my every color" as you say and then even if a choice is made, how will I be certain that every color is understood!

5:04 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

San,
Sometimes I read your mind, that's all ;)

Pilgrim,
Sigh. That is all I can say.

12:46 AM  
Blogger --Sunrise-- said...

This reflects my mood, my voice, my thoughts right now... wow. :)

And the blog background - I have always wanted one like this... I love it!

12:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I never thought of it that way.. but maybe you're right..

6:21 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Sunrise,
So I am not the only one who thinks this way then? Glad to know.
And I love the background too - HK, my favourite!

Jupiter,
I think I am. And I think it is sad. Sigh.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home