Thursday, September 06, 2007

There were these men.

I called. His line was busy. So I messaged him. He called. My line was busy. So he messaged me. I called. His line was busy again. Grrrrr. He called the next day. I wasn’t in the room. I called back. He had already left my part of the city. Grrrrr. But he drove back. To meet at Indigo Deli. I cabbed. I lost my way. I called. I walked. I called again. Grrrrr. But finally, we met the twin. Aristera. Over tea and conversations. We chatted. And we chatted some more. About Singapore and Bombay, Cambodia and Paris, work and work hazards, friends and family, blogs and bloggers, love and lovers, drinks and drinking. We even spoke of 300 threadcount cotton bedsheets. To this the twin would say, “no, 500 threadcount!”. Hehehehehe. We made plans to go drinking on Friday night. And drink, we did. Patiently to begin with, and hurriedly later. So we got drunk on vodka shots, and we danced like fools. And I complained about the party scene closing down at 1:30am. But it was so much fun to hang out! And thanks for ‘Love and Longing in Bombay’. We are lovin’ it!

We first chatted on messenger almost a year back. He said, this is the first time I’m interacting with a blogger I don’t already know. Me thought, ummm okay. I called him when I landed in Bombay. He conned me with a camouflaged voice, rather successfully. Me thought, bitch. I finally met the Brat at Wink on Friday. An hour late, might I add? So me hit him. He complained I have long nails. So me hit him again. He forgot to get me my book. Okay, so me hit him some more. He teased me about my stupid fringe (which I had warned him not to!). So he got hit some more. He said I have an Apu accent. Hit him, hit him, hit him. I mean, he was asking for it, no?! Then of course, he drove us around for fancy dinner and fancy drinks at not-so-fancy GB parties. So me got drunk. He clicked silly photos and followed us around with a bottle of water when we got drunk. He even dropped us back. Cho chweet, no? He recommended that I shop at Oberoi. And me spent like 5000 bucks in 30 minutes. His fault, totally. So anyways. He arrived late (again!) and blamed the traffic. Yeah, whatever. But he had Sambuca shots with me this time. Me likey. He took me partying with lovely friends like Cee and Ani and G. Ooooooo, the hotness Cee. He said, this is the first time I’m meeting a friend I’ve made on the blog. Me thought, ummm get over it bitch. *beatific smile*. But don’t be fooled, we don’t just drink and dance and take photos and act silly. We even make (meaningful) conversations. About life. About love. About choices. About dreams. And yes, we finally have a copy of ‘Black Wind’, thanks to Brat. Oh, we miss the Brat already. Muax!

Dear Bombay, sorry if your city seemed a bit lackluster on Friday. I was stealing two of the city’s loveliest people for myself!

8 Comments:

Blogger once again said...

and did we not forget, tucking us into bed when we WERE DRUNK

and oh the i-am-drunk-and-just-lost-my-earing-scare
:-)

and bitch, it really was the traffic.

5:38 PM  
Blogger WritingsForLife said...

hahah... MEN!! :)

2:08 AM  
Blogger Shubhodeep said...

he he ... so u r in bombay now... cool... have fun (not that i cant make that out)

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...if your city seemed a bit lackluster on Friday. I was stealing two of the city’s loveliest people for myself!

...that couldn't be any sweeter! :)

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so cool u got to meet ur blogger friends..
i just remembered how i met one of my online friends..
now m just waiting to go to bombay next week.. missed home so badly.. :(

9:51 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Brat,
Did we forget, the tucking-into-bed-when-we-were-drunk favour was returned?!?!
And bitch, I forgot to mention you poking fun at me for saying lychee :p :p

Raaji,
I know, crazy wonly!

Shubhodeep,
Sigh, I'm back now, to Singapore. But yes, Bombay was fun!

LO,
But I am sweet like that, no? ;)

Sonu,
Yup, it was fun! And strangely, everyone on this blog seems to call Bombay their home? I feel like a minority now ;)

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha ha babes..that city is my home too...just so u know.. :P

11:28 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Sigh. Yes. I know.

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home