Thursday, May 31, 2007

Coffee with Accounting

Right.

I know I am supposed to be studying, but it has become increasingly difficult to stay home and concentrate on 'Pension Fund Accounting' and such. Especially when it is a public holiday, and the whole damn world has a day off. To enjoy. Damn damn damn. The mind wonders and wanders to all the wrong places and all the wrong questions. So? So, I decided to drag my ass, my books and my laptop to Starbucks. Dont ask me why, but I can concentrate better when there are people around me. It is a strange manifestation of the social animal in me. Bah. Whateva. I am at Starbucks. AND I STILL CANT CONCENTRATE.

Okay, so I did study for half an hour. Revised a chapter and did a couple of questions. Then, I started dreaming about my upcoming holiday. Which prompted me to switch on the laptop, and shoot an email to Buzz, asking him if he received my visa application. And now I cant bring myself to shutting it down and going back to the books!

This place is full of people today. There is a cute european boy (please note - there is no such thing as men... they are all boys... 20-year old boys, 30-year old boys, 40-year old boys) sitting opposite me. The tall blond is sitting by himself and his latte, very much like me. He is constantly typing out on his blackberry, and smiling to it. Occasionally he looks up, and I make eye contact from the corner of my eye. He then goes back to his typing, and I, to mine. It is cute in a way.

Then there is the 12-year old girl with her mother, who behaves like she is 18. She struts her stuff around the cafe, wearing a top which is promiscuous even by my standards. A loss of innocence... what else can I say? Your time will come, to be sexy and get noticed... but for now, be a kid? Too bad nobody else told her that.

Jups just called to remind me that I ought to be studying. Cute blond just walked out of the cafe. I just realised it is 4pm already. Back to work... F F F F F F F!

13 Comments:

Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

hmmmm...maybe you should go to this place daily and update us about the progress. Especially about the eye contact with that cute european boy !!!

4:30 PM  
Blogger Buzz said...

Get back to you books! Don't worry about the visa, bookings etc. It's sorted... Once the booking is made and the Emirates guy gets his visa, I'll break the news to him ;-)

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I had friends like Jups.It is nice to be reminded of what we should really be doing.Good luck with the exam and looking forward to your regular blogging activity.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Raul,
Well I dont think I will see such cuties everyday ;)

Buzz,
Yes yes yes, back to my books. Grrrrr.

EU,
Thanks :)

10:09 AM  
Blogger Dreamcatcher said...

Good luck for eggjams

1:27 PM  
Blogger M (tread softly upon) said...

Oh I love your style for studying. GL though. :)

9:46 PM  
Blogger Little Miss Muffet said...

i agree..kids should be kids...there is enough time to grow up...

5:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

in response to an older post...2 posts ago, infact...

seths poem reminds me of gulzar's lyrics...'khaali haath shaam ayee hai, khaali haath jayegee, aaj bhi na ayaa koi, khaali laut jayegee'.

aristera

8:58 PM  
Blogger Dreamy Eyed Gal said...

lol!!!...hey 1 thing thats same with me is that I cant study in silence...I fall asleep :-D

12:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey.. how u doin..rem me..
Been away from bloggin since a
long time..

I agree studyin for exams is really frustratin.. i hope i have done my share of studies for some time to come.. :)
Anyways best of luck for ur exams..

have updated my blog, do visit sometime..

2:08 PM  
Blogger The Black King said...

Maybe you could just ask the girl to go up and speak to the boy! :)

5:24 AM  
Blogger Prufrockster said...

Heh. Nice portrait :)

11:08 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

DC, M,
Thanks for the wishes, but it was a disaster :(

LMM,
Yes what is with overgrown kids?!

Aris,
I MISS YOU. Get back to your blog. PLEASE.
*wails*

DEG,
We are such distracted people, no :p

Sonu,
Welcome back. Will visit. Soon.

Black King,
She was a kid, for christ's sake!

DM,
Thanks :)

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home