Idhar udhar ki baatein...
It has been a busy week so far. At times, frustrating. And at times, fabulous. I spent the weekend mostly with my CFA books. And I was quite satisfied with the progress. Another 2 months and then I will be out having fun again. Bah. Who am I kidding? I will be having fun all the way! Jupiter and I had dinner with a very sweet lady on Saturday. We spoke of traditions, love, marriages, men and whatnot, over Turkish food and peach-flavoured shisha. When you meet someone older than you, who tells you that you are a rockstar, and means it, you should take that moment and feel happy. I did. Given how often I have to explain myself and fight for my place, once in a while, it is okay to take pride in being me.
I have managed to channel some of my stress in the work place well. If something is on your mind, and troubling you, the best thing is to make it someone else’s problem. The ball is now in my boss’s court. I have said what I had to, and she will do what she must. I feel slightly better now. I also found out on Tuesday that I cleared the accreditation I was working on, and I am totally delighted at having wrapped that up. I also happen to be the youngest credit approver on the floor. Tee hee. And yes, I celebrated this tiny achievement with lunch-time shopping. A psychedelic silk blouse, an embroidered top and a Chinese silk jacket. Ooh la la. The compliments have been flowing in these days, because I’ve decided to unleash my wardrobe at work, and they will continue coming in.
Yesterday, Jupiter, Pansy and me went to a rather pish posh event. The launch party of a new bar in Singapore, and the guest list was by-invitation-only. How did I land up there, you ask? Well, I chatted up the manager once, and he decided to invite me. He even let me get my friends along. It was a lovely evening. Open-air music, free flow of champagne and lovely fruit cakes, of which I must have had atleast 10 pieces. Yes, some days I have a sweet tooth.
Speaking of all things sweet, Merlin offered to visit me in Singapore later this month. Unfortunately, I will be too tied up with work and studies, so I wont be able to spend time with him. So the plan fell apart, and I will have to make do with just talking to him on the phone instead. Sigh. Speaking of all things not so sweet, Buzz wound me up so bad yesterday that I almost shouted at him. I’m getting a bit tired of practical jokes these days. They don’t entertain me. Call me a wet blanket if you will.
This blog has become wayyyy too politically correct. And that is not how it was meant to be. So expect it to get nasty very soon. I am sure you will enjoy the roller coaster. I will.


10 Comments:
great going there..and how bout posting few pics of the amazing singapore too
Its funny your each post stuck a chord to something in my mind:
1. Peach flavored Sheesha, Now I have to go this weekend to have sheesha probably a rose flavoured one.
2. Being a Rockstar, I still remember this person in my class who used to be a self styled rockstar!
3. And making things a problem in their court, I was advising a friend yesterday "Tension lene ka nahin, dene ka"
ur back!
Of course it's fine to take pride in urself! Cheers and have a great weekend :)
U a rockstar?
Joke of the day!
It may sound nasty, but you remind me of the protagnist's friend in the movie "apocalypto'
Deepthi,
Naaa... I love travel photography. There's no fun in taking photos in Singapore. I've been here far too long.
Pilgrim,
Well in my case, I think she meant 'Rockstar' in a more figurative way.
Ricercar,
Oh but I've always been around :)
LMM,
You too :)
Anonymous and Anonymous,
Bah!
You forgot to mention that you actually slammed the phone on me... HAHAHA {evil laugh}
Buzz, Oh no she didn't!.. She so fiesty right?
Buzz,
Ummmm.... you deserved it :p
Jupiter,
Feisty she is :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home