Monday, March 26, 2007

Back.to.the.grind.

It almost seems unfair to write anything mundane after all that I wrote in and about Australia. I was writing everyday, and still I didnt write enough. There is so much that I wrote and didnt publish. There is something about regular life that makes robots out of us, sucking most of one's creativity and expressions. It has been 2 very fast weeks since I got back from Aus. The first week was very very stressful and very very hectic at work. There was a lot to catch up with. The second week was spent in Malaysia on a training programme, and though it was quite hectic as well, there was some good in it. Met up with a couple of friends I was looking forward to meeting. Met some interesting new colleagues. Was a bit disillusioned about some things. Was a bit inspired about others. I am back on the desk this week, and it is again a race to catch up on last week. The month is going to be a quick one. Lots of travel, lots of stress, very little sleep and a generous helping of alcohol. No wonder then, that my face has broken out into a dozen pimples and I am beginning to lose hair. No, I dont think I can even suggest another holiday to myself. But maybe I will try to slow down a bit. Mentally. Just. A. Bit.

I just finished a long phone conversation with an old friend, who has taken (and is still taking) a lot of turbulence in his stride. Infact, I almost feel ashamed of complaining or cribbing about my seemingly smaller problems to him. I tried to convince him that things will work out. That there is no right choice to make when it comes to careers. In doing so, I am also trying to convince myself of many of these principles. It is strange how well I manage to sell some things which I dont believe in myself.

Merlin has graduated from B-school and I feel a little guilty for not calling up before his convocation. There are times when I wish to turn back time, just so I could have made the right phone call and said the right things. I dont know why I dont find time for these things. I sometimes ask myself if I am doing too many things that I dont really want to do? There has to be some explanation to it. He is quite precious to me, and I know he understands, but still.

The other day in KL, Buzz and me were talking about how we found each other so intolerable when we met 2 years back. Strange how things change. It is even difficult to pinpoint when they change. But they do. Anyways, Buzz and me called up Stitch from KL and we ate at Nando's and I pulled his leg no end through the week. And I threatened to introduce his blog here, in an effort to make him post more. Which I might do very soon, if he doesnt bribe me well enough with a gift from his beach holiday. (Buzz, I know you will read this, so you have no excuse!)

Finally, I have to, HAVE TO, end this post with these words from 'Chhod aaye hum voh galiyaan' from the movie 'Maachis'. They have been doing the rounds in my head for the last 2 days and refuses to leave.

Ek chhota sa lamha hai jo khatm nahi hota
Main laakh jalata hoon ye bhasm nahi hota

10 Comments:

Blogger Dreamcatcher said...

Livin la vida loca?

12:26 AM  
Blogger Blue Athena said...

Sounds so much similar to my life right now...work, hectic schedule, and so much written but not published.

Love the Dido song in the previous post. So very trying and difficult to shake off some memories completely...like the sand that you dust off yet some keep clinging. :)

12:42 AM  
Blogger deepthi vinod said...

woh gaaliyan hi hain jisko humne chod ke bhi yaad kiya!!! wanted to say this after readin your blog..don't know why!!!

4:06 AM  
Blogger Natasha said...

first australia and now urdu? or hindi i should say? which one is it?
that makes me happy:) i would never have guessed.
i hate the stressful phases that just happen to let the guilt of small things kick in. ah, such is life.

8:34 AM  
Blogger livinghigh said...

ooo shucks. am back now after my calcutta trip, and i know wat u mean abt sand in shoes, et al. sigh, sigh and shucks again.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Little Miss Muffet said...

i LOVE that song...makes one feel so nostalgic :(

1:47 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

DC,
Hahaha... hardly :)

Blue Athena,
Yup, like the sand it refuses to brush off. Sigh.

Deepthi,
Always welcome to say anything you feel like on my blog :)

Natasha,
This is very much hindi, though occasionally I dable into Urdu.

LH,
How was Calcutta? Did you do anything other than being a brat at home?

LMM,
Arent all the songs from Maachis beautiful?

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i somehow can't place those lines..

but very cute song it is no? we must listen to it today !

5:34 PM  
Blogger Ekta said...

Holiday in aussi!...hmmm...yeah my time will come too!

8:05 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Jupiter,
Have no fear, when my iPod is near.
(yes we will listen to it at home)

Ekta,
What stops? Just take some leave, some last minute decisions, and there you have it - a holiday!

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home