Phoenix
It has probably been the longest I've been gone from here. But the Phoenix has risen from the ashes again. So what if it didnt live for 500 years. It lived for 2 years and 325 posts of blogging. So what if it doesnt have beautiful gold and red plumage. It has a fabulous new wardrobe and a fantabulous attitude to go with it. The fire that consumed it this time was not made of cinnamon twigs. It was made of long working hours and a 'burning' need to spend every coherent minute outside of office with my CFA books. The exam approaches - 3 weeks to go, and I am nowhere near prepared. But on this auspicious day, also known as Taking An Afternoon Off From Work, sleep an studies have been caught up on, and hence blogging deserves the necessary catching up as well.
The new boss is amazing. I want to keep my fingers crossed and not speak to soon, but he is a sweetheart. I cant wait for him to officially move here, which I am told will happen in June. He speaks sense. He is smart. And he thinks the world of me. But dont be deceived, he isnt all work. He also has a charming sense of humour. Last week when he called from one of his conferences, and I told him I am coming down with a sore throat, he asks - have you been kissing too many boys? See I told ya he is funny! He is also very supportive of my studies and study plans. Every 2 days he will ask about my progress. I have to, HAVE TO, pass the exam, just to meet his expectations.
The new wardrobe additions are also amazing. Did I hear you say - how did you get time to shop inbetween all your busyness? Oh c'mon, one needs a break, and one needs retail therapy. A black tube top which is nothing short of attention grabbing was purchased from River Island. They were having their first sale in Singapore for god's sake. Two fabulous dresses, the shop-window-mannequin kinds, were picked up from Forever21. Later I found out that one of them is an imitation of red-carpet dress Lindsay Lohan wore before. Oh la la... I have fabulous taste in clothes and a fabulous wardrobe! The other black dress is a backless halter thingie, which is sexy as hell. The sister paid a visit and she got some more clothes with her. A sailor top, a pink knit and pretty formal skirt. Other picks were a scarf from Aldo (because I've recently become a scarf person!) and a little clubbing purse for all the time spent in Clarke Quay, sans huge handbags. No surprise that the purse also has a small scarf tied around it. I cant wait to use it! But given my self-imposed clubbing ban till my exams, I think the first time the bag will see the light of night will be in Hong Kong...
Hong Kong again? Oh well, there is a good chance I will go there for my after-exam chill out. There was a grand plan to bungee jump at Victoria Falls in Zambia which lost wind even before it took off. I was really up for it and even looked up tickets and stuff, so it is a pity the invitation was withdrawn. What can I say? Shit happens. Also, dont trust everything everyone says. Anyways, if not Hong Kong, I am trying to convince Jupiter to go to Laos with me for a short one. We could fly to Udon Thani in Thailand, and then head to Laos by road over the Friendship Bridge over the Mekong. How very oriental. Hope it isnt an over-hyped average Asian city though. Well I will keep planning these holidays (as always) to motivate myself to get done with the studies. Since you cant use the stick, you gotta use the carrot.
There is a lot more to write... but one needs to go toss some hakka noodles, and then one needs to get back to Asset Valuation. But one promises not to be gone for too long, okay.
*POOF* she disappears....


5 Comments:
:D
If only one of my team members had a blog I know she would write like this.. sadly she doesn't :(
You should plan a holiday in europe sometime if you haven't.
Hakka noodles.. damn, it's 5 months and counting since I ate anything chinese.. the closest I got to was the stupid dumb instant noodles.
*POOF* I disappear too :P
Whoa - you make exams sound like fun, with all those travel plans to keep you motivated. Maybe I should do the same to motivate me to study! LOL! Good to see that you haven't abandoned blogger like some others!
ooohh..bungee jumping..that's something i wanna do tooo...have fun with the new clothes ;)
John,
Maybe she does have a blog, but you just dont know about it? ;)
Come over to Singapore, I'll invite you for hakka noodles. I'm quite a chef (and clearly, not a modest one!).
Plain Jane,
I havent abandoned it... I just wish I had more time to write as regularly as I did. Sigh... hopefully I can do that after my exam.
LMM,
Change of plans again... looks like I might be going to Victoria Falls. *fingers crossed*
Daniel Yomtobian - PresentDaniel Yomtobian - Present. Daniel Yomtobian’s permanence, perseverance and persistence have provided him his good fortune.
Hey! Don't delete this comment .Your blog has got a link here:http://www.mydebut.net/informative-sites.html
in return for keeping this comment at your end.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home