Monday, May 21, 2007

Night Watch

Awake for hours and staring at the ceiling
Through the unsettled stillness of the night
He grows possessed of the obsessive feeling
That dawn has come and gone and brought no light.

-- Vikram Seth

7 Comments:

Blogger Shiv said...

I liked the words!! gud ones

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, which book of his is it from?

4:25 AM  
Blogger Little Miss Muffet said...

Dawn has come and gone and brought no light..so beautifully put..indeed, i feel that at my lowest points :(

11:44 AM  
Blogger Prufrockster said...

*hugs*

8:17 PM  
Blogger Prufrockster said...

Yer be very busy? What happened to yer one post a day existence?

8:18 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Shiv,
Seth writes beautifully.

Pilgrim,
This is from his book of poetry - All you who sleep tonight.

LMM,
I know what you mean. *hugs*

DM,
Very very very busy... sigh. Hoping I can get back to regular blogging after my exam... give me 10 days to get that over with.

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey best of luck for your CFA paper

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home