Thank you for the music!
Last week was so jam-packed, that I almost forgot to breathe. There was work, a new boss, lots of meetings, a visitor, a birthday, a farewell and some confusion. It ended well though. Jupiter and me dolled up to watch Phantom of the Opera on sunday evening. From box seats, no less. It was so magnificent. The last time I went for a good musical in Singapore was Mamma Mia, and that has been a while. I wish to do this more often. If only they would bring more performances to this city. Sigh.
Last one month at work has left me quite low. Too many changes and things not going the way I had expected. Every now and then I think up a strategy to correct things, and now Jupiter laughs the moment I say 'I have got some clarity on where my career is headed'. Because this stupid clarity gets foggy every second day, and then the new direction is something totally tangential. But last friday, it picked up a bit. And then there was an email this morning, which might open some more doors. I feel better. No, there's no clarity yet, but it is still nice to have people recognise your work and you. As Abba would say:
Tonight the
Super trouper lights are gonna find me
Shining like the sun
Smiling, having fun
Feeling like a number one
I almost made a last moment plan to go to Vietnam over the easter weekend, but because Stitch cant get his visa on time, that plan had to be canned. He tempted me to visit him in Hong Kong instead, but I dont think I can afford to give in. My exam is in 2 months' time. And part of my 'clarity' right now demands that I put everything in it to pass that exam. So for now, all travel has been postponed to after June.
One good thing that has come out of this busy month is the lack of time to do serious shopping. Hence, the expenses were somewhat reigned in. Also, the calculations were done and the Australia trip was well within budget. I am soooo proud of myself for that. I now entertain myself, with colourful photos of the Sunday market at The Rocks in Sydney, instead.
(Yes, that was a lame attempt to push some photos on to this post. Yayy!)




9 Comments:
the snaps AE colourful. very cheerful indeed. congrats on the reining-in-shopping part. :)
Gorgeous pictures :) did you shop a lot?
Beautiful Photos. I need to visit Australia!
Thanks for dropping by!
LH,
Not sure how long the shopping embargo will last though. This week seems less hectic at work, and a long weekend is coming up ;)
DC,
Actually, I didnt shop at all because everything at the market was very expensive. I had to make do with photographing them.
Pilgrim,
Yes you should. It is awesome.
such pretty pics :) i so do want to watch a musical..i've never ever been to one :( sigh!
You are back eh!!
Now.. back to work.
Yawn...
LMM,
Oh you totally MUST go for a musical, especially because it is so much easier to catch in the US.
J,
Yes I am. And it sucks.
Anonymous,
Well strange coming from you. Isnt your bank giving you enough work?
Too much work but I need some fun posts...its all too depressing...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home