Of harbour views and girls next door...
Regardless of how much fun I had over the last 2 weeks, it feels good to be back to my pillow on my bed in my apartment. Yes, my apartment. The house-hunt has been abandoned. We stay on here. Atleast for now. A friend's birthday was celebrated on friday. And like most fridays in Hong Kong, this was also spent drinking and partying. Only, there was more of it, given that we had the excuse of a birthday. Another friend was visited on saturday, and his swanky swanky apartment made me fall in love with HK again. I kid you not. It is on the 38th floor. The bed faces a bay window, which faces the harbour. So you literally wake up to the sea. Which is what I did on sunday, because the kind soul lent me his room. I also want an apartment with a sea view. City/country, no bar. *sighs* I also had dinner at Cafe Deco at the Peak, and if any of you do find time to have dinner there while in HK, you must. Not only is the view amazing, the food is excellent too. It is apparently the restaurant that Vivek Oberoi took Antra Mali to, in Company. Fancy fancy. We like!
A lot of people at work have been telling me that I look tired. I cant wait for the weekend. And it is only monday morning right now. Ugh and double ugh. But we will get through the week. In style. Superwoman, there she goes! Okay, you can stop sniggering now. But whatever it is, I am not the girl next door. I think modesty is overrated. And confidence is often mistaken for pride. I might not be the over-achiever, but I am ambitious for sure. When I want something, I go for it. More often than not, I manage to get it. Or get close, atleast. I can look out for myself. And sometimes, for others too. So unless you live in my locality, I am not your 'girl next door'.


16 Comments:
Just out of curiousity, how long does it take the elevator to reach the 38th floor from the ground?
I live in the 22nd floor. It once took 7 mins and 35 seconds to climb upto that floor from ground.Yeah I kept the time..it was a particularly packed elevator that day and I had a sense it might be a long journey:D
ooh!
cafe decor at the peak is my fav too!:-)
Love it...
Wishful,
Short enough to not notice it. But then the lift was mirrored, and I was busy adjusting my hair ;)
Anonymous,
And you were part of the Singapore Vertical Marathon team...?
Ekta,
It is, it is. Lovely place.
OOhh sounds lovely that flat, and the restaurant.I miss the sea too, the river is kinda getting boring now.
Does a "swimming pool view" count? :P
Ma'am is Singapore the only city having high rises? ;)
Gurgaon HAS a 26 storey residential appartment complex.
try RED at IFC2 next time for views et al and Acqua (tops my list for views and ambience) for the chocolate martini etc.. :)
You're the girl next door to me..
bwaaahahhahahhaha *laughs at own stupid joke*
p.s. anon8.07 thinks you're being unpatriotic.
bwahahahahahahha again.
Girl next continent!
I want an apartment with a bedroom with a bay window that opens to the sea too! Yeah, country no bar. Yeah, me too! :P
God! I miss the sea sooooo much!
EU,
But you do have a river view atleast. I see a pool and a gym outside my balcony :(
Ritwik,
Err... are you offering me your room?
Anonymous,
Clearly, I dont think Singapore is the only city with high rises, given that my friend's place is in Hong Kong!
And Gurgaon might not have a harbout view, but it sure has people who cant spell correctly!
Inkblot,
Yes, have tried both. But sitting in IFC2 is no fun, because you cant see it on the skyline, then. As for Aqua, I dont like going to TST much. Prefer Island side, anytime.
Jupiter,
I was certain you would make such a comment, housemate :p
And let us all go to Gurgaon and stay on 26th floor appartments, what say ;)
Jingu,
Heeheeheehee.
Aparna,
Oh c'mon, you are in HK. All you need to do is move to Kennedy Town or Stanley =))
A lot of people at work have been telling me that I look tired.
All this eating and drinking over the weekend.. I'm surprised you even went to work yesterday!
remember superman was also that guy who worked next to Lois Lane..:)
I was talking about my own wish to wake up with a sea view. Wasn't talking about you.
Cowlick,
Oh well, I have kind of mastered the act of working on low sleep. One has no choice, sometimes ;)
Ligne,
Well said, well said!
Ritwik,
Ah, I see. I thought it was a question, though :p
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home