Friday, July 14, 2006

Kuch yaadein

woh baarish ki boondein
aur kuch bheegi yaadein

woh sawaalon ka silsila
jo sapno mein poochha
un khayaalon ka aana
jo kabhi na tha socha

kuch aisi hi nayee hain
soye raaton ki baatein
woh baarish ki boondein
aur kuch bheegi yaadein

bin mauke mazaak karna
ek khuli kitaab sa padhna
kuch jhooti baatein kehna
kuch sachhi yaadein rakhna

kuch jadooyeen se hain
purani dosti ke vaadein
woh baarish ki boondein
aur kuch bheegi yaadein


Although it comes a week late, this is a belated birthday gift to Merlin!
Keep rocking :)

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nicely written!

8:31 PM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

Well written.Some song resonates in my head, just can't pin point which one.

4:05 AM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

Jaane do by Strings..that is the song I think you reminded me of..

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delightful:)

5:36 PM  
Blogger Zii said...

baarish ki boondein,
and zii cant a find a rhyme;

Din bhar neendein, aur casa ki mom
usko baarish main dhoondein,
and zii can do rite now with the juice of lime.



waah ustad nahi, waah taj kahiye.

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make the language sound very beautiful. Very nice.

And a belated birthday to Merlin. Of course, please also pass on that the notice was served a week by... by YOU, of course.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Dreamy Eyed Gal said...

that is sooo sweet!!!...I bet Merlin will b very happy with this b'day gift;-)

9:09 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Nice! :-)

3:57 PM  
Blogger San said...

happy belated birthday Merlin and what a beautiful way to wish someone :)

4:06 PM  
Blogger GuNs said...

Well well well...
Thats really nice. I didnt know you wrote poetry in Hindi too. Very good. Looking forward to more such gems.

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs

5:05 PM  
Blogger M (tread softly upon) said...

Very nice. Also totally loved the last post on home. Incidentally I had been real homesick myself and blogged about memories too. Coincidence. Must be something to do with the phases of mooon and moods or something equally bizarre.

2:55 AM  
Blogger Kaunquest said...

Casa, Nice poem. Enjoyed it thoroughly :)
was it makaaz or mazaak?

3:07 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Anshul, Duhita, Jay,
Thanks.

EU,
Will look for the song... havent heard it before.

Zii,
LOL! Too good yaar... waah ustaad :D

SS,
But I did wish him last week. It is just that he has been bugging me to do a post for him, and sweet me just found time to do so :p

DEG,
I hope so too :)

San,
Haha... more like, I was forced into doing a post for him ;)

Guns,
Thanks.
Well, I try to. Have written some posts in hindi before as well...

M,
The moon. Has to be. Sigh.

Kaunquest,
Thanks ever so much for pointing out the correction. Done :)

10:35 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Aris,
That had me in splits... I dont know why, but it did :D

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home