Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The rocks...

Some times, some things
weigh heavily on you.
The weight might
might
pull me down,
but still I'll try
try
to hold on.
.

Expectations
a few too many
bog me down.
So then
I decided to
blog it down.
.

I will get you
all the stars
I can reach.
But if,
you ask
for the galaxy
I must say no.
.

Life is sum-zero
I tell myself.
I feel wrongly wronged
at times
and quietly wait
for Justice.
Some day
I'll roll the die
and you,
you
wont get
your throw.
.

For now
I will forget
and pretend
that
I can walk through fire
and not melt.
Or, you could
be good
and show me
another way.

24 Comments:

Blogger A and A said...

Ae what ra!!!

8:03 PM  
Blogger Inkblot said...

wow -gets steadily better :)

8:07 PM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

Well you can walk past the fire.And you will.No need for pretence.I promise.*Scouts honour*

8:50 PM  
Blogger Jinguchakka said...

Oh! in "the mood"?
well, well, I was expecting a blog of 2 cities. You surpised with this.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Prince K. said...

Ok....

10:28 PM  
Blogger Prerona said...

exquisitely written ...

liked. v much.

1:58 AM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

hey nice one

3:01 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

WT,
What ra??!! I met the Archster today, but you were too busy to join us. Tsk tsk :p
PS: 'Melting with fire' bit came from your recent post ;)

Inkblot,
*takes a bow*
:)

EU,
I guess we all do manage to fight our battles... whatever they might be about. I hope to do so too.

Jingu,
Oh well, this was just about some other thoughts in my head. Rest assured, the city has shown me a great time :)

Kazarelth,
:)

Prerona, Pointy,
Shukr'an :)

3:39 AM  
Blogger G Shrivastava said...

Interesting...

9:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's 9.22 and I am far from being coherent, but I'll say this.

I soooooooo know what you mean.

*dodges rocks*

9:29 AM  
Blogger A and A said...

Ah bleady, shit happens is all I have to say. And bleady. Next time fo' sho'. :D

10:11 AM  
Blogger burf said...

hold on hold on

:D

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

last line I like best :)

put up a poem myself- must be something in this blogging air =)

12:36 PM  
Blogger San said...

For now
I will forget
and pretend
that
I can walk through fire
and not melt.


i like that

4:15 PM  
Blogger Chitra said...

Too good....could not have put it better myself...

5:20 PM  
Blogger alice said...

hmmmm...

9:42 PM  
Blogger Anand said...

wow!
That was some poem!
U seem to be in a different mood today!:-)
Is this an original!?

9:04 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

I'll show u another way...walk thru that fire, and w.o. pretending.

tc Casa,
Keshi.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Shashi Iyer said...

you dont have a choice. and u know it :)
p.s: hope u're having/u had fun in Chennai.

11:17 PM  
Blogger iamnasra said...

Gulnaz had listed you as one of her blog friends..In tribute of Gulnaz we hope you can drop a line to tell us how were you inspired by Gulnaz

5:41 AM  
Blogger Zii said...

the rocks...
sometimes when they expect too much
and bog you down
and tell you you've wronged when you have not,
you pick up the rocks and throw it at their bloody faces.
//bows left, bows right//
thank you.

9:26 PM  
Blogger ± said...

a beautiful post.

"I feel wrongly wronged
at times
and quietly wait
for Justice."

wow... that is a wow insight...
though the last stanza is awesome too...

5:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

but why no for the galaxy...?
-kunal

1:18 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Gee,
Just a thought. Rather, just some thoughts.

Jupiter,
We will forgive you for incoherence. We always expect that from you anyway, 9.22 or otherwise ;)

WT,
Will hold you to your word next time I happen to be in Chennai :p

Burf,
Yup.

Dee,
Is it? I'll go check on your blog pronto then :)

San, Chitra,
Thanks.

Alice,
Hmmmmm.

Anand,
A cancerian's mood changes with the moon, and with tides, they say ;)
And yes it was original. All of them are :)

Keshi,
Yes, that is one way... to let others know of your fears.

RBT,
Had a blast!

Nasra,
Will try to.

Zii,
A masterpiece of a comment from you, as usual :D

Harjee,
Thanks... very generous you are being with the compliments. But then modesty was never my strongest suit ;)

Kunal,
Because it is far beyond my reach.
Is it within yours?

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home