A dreamer. A traveler. A gypsy?
She had wanted to do this for some time. Just take off. And go to Spain. 'Why Spain?', some people had asked her. She honestly didnt know the answer. She suspected it was because France and Italy were on everyone's lists, and she never wanted to be 'everyone'.
It was exactly how she had imagined it would be. The Spanish summer. Walking through small towns. Staying in small inns. Stopping for a breakfast here and a lunch there. Quaint cafes. Old bars. Real people. Living the freshness. Speaking the language. She never was the linguist, but she knew she could learn spanish if she needed to. And she did. Enough for her to get by here, atleast. In her capris and slippers, and her shades. Whatever happened, she'd always have her shades on her, as if they were surgically attached to her head. She didnt bother explain why they were so special to her. Nobody would understand, anyway.
She also always carried her bag along everywhere. She would jokingly call it her 'eloping bag'. Apparently, it had enough stuff for her to pick up and be gone, if ever she needed to elope. Deep down, she knew she'd never need less than half the stuff she carried around in it. But yet, it gave her comfort. Tissues, cosmetics, money, a book, her iPod, a spare shirt. It had everything. The iPod infact, she couldnt do without. She didnt have too much of a liking for silence. If she wasnt talking to someone, she needed music to fill the void instead. Otherwise, her mind would wander off. Which it did, music or otherwise. So often, she would open her book when sitting in a cafe or by a train window. One page and a song later, she would put it down, to stare away. Stare away, into dreamland. Where she would dream away in intricate detail. Construct her life, or her make-belief life atleast, in any way she wanted to. Include the people she wanted to. The way she wanted to. It is the possibility of dreams coming true that makes life so interesting, she had read somewhere once. And she believed in it, forever.
Someone is daydreaming this 'dream' somewhere... and it is the possibility of it coming true, that makes life interesting for her... today.
:)
Buonas Noches.


28 Comments:
Here's wishing her luck and hoping that it may come true.
I almost made it to the top..!!! it so difficult to be the first commentor on this blog :)..now to the actual blog!
What a lovely, lovely dream. May it come true - and soon!
:-)
may the dream become reality .. but then what would she dream about?
Skeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyy...
I've been day dreaming the same dream for some time.
I so wish it comes true.So so wish..*Fingers crossed*And toes too*
wow!!!
Well nothing better than seeing ur dreams come true and this definately will be a experience to remember!
All the best and fingers crossed for u!:-)
May your dreams come true:)
It's a delightful dream, but for the dark shadow cast by those sunglasses...
Incidentally I find it damn unnerving to talk to ppl with sunglasses...always itch to throw them off the said people's noses!
You will travel, girl. I don't know you personally from adam, but I can somehow say this with some authority.
You gotta dream or die.
Or something similarly profound like that anyways.
M, Extempore,
Oh well, this is just one of the many dreams this girl dreams of ;)
Totti,
Whoever said it was difficult?
San,
Trust me, then she would find a zillion other things to dream of. Her mind can be quite creative, when it comes to wishful thinking :)
EU,
Oh well, we could meet up for a holiday then :D
Ekta, Duhita,
Thanks for the wishes... but I dont think this will materialise anytime soon :)
Geets,
Oh well, that is precisely why I wear them. To keep others from reading my eyes ;)
Cowlick,
I like that authority. Hope you are right :)
Wishfulthinker,
Yup, yup. And who will know it better than a wishful thinker ;)
"Buenas Noches" (e)
Awwww so cute..must go to Spain, must see tomatina.. Ay ay ay!
we never got around to taking salsa lessons did we?
Ahh... Spain. Yeah, me too! me too! :P
Flamenco and those beautiful sexy dresses. Spanish women are very beautiful. And of course the bull fight!
Okay, i should stop day dreaming... :)
I dream so myself.
Spain !! Man !! Life is so incomplete without the joys of journey. Put up some kinda photo gallery to put up pics from your travels far and wide.
-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs
and may the dream be as wonderful when she lands there- there are no ifs for the latter of course
=)
Jupiter,
So 'google language tools' cant be trusted, eh :p
And salsa lessons will start, wait till I get back to Singapore for good.
Aparna,
Oh lets go! You just had to mention the dresses! Sigh.
Guns,
Hahaha... this is just a dream. If ever I go there, trust me, the photos will be all over my blog :)
Dee,
Yes, we dream, and we then make it happen. No 'ifs' at all :)
of seville oranges and dark haired dancers...dream on
replied :)
Inkblot,
"dream on"
Sigh. What do you think I have been doing anyways :p
Dee,
Saw that. Thanks much for the explanation... otherwise it made no sense to me ;)
I love that bit about the eloping bag...:)
its sad when u meet a person who is native of your fav country (the country where u dream of going for a vacation) and that person doesnt think much about that place....
kinda puts u off
casa - its by personal experience i know that commenting first here is an uphill task. Prying commentators lurking in the dark digital crevices *sinister look*
Anyway, this could be an excellent intro to a sidney sheldon heroine. Don't know if your colleagues thought the same way.:)
Ligne,
Hehe... I carry the world in my handbag, trust me ;)
Aristera,
Ah, nice to see comments from this name (though Kunal isnt too bad either ;)). And when are you living this dream of yours? And what happened to plans of Angkor?
Paheli,
Oh well, people usually dont think much about the place they are in... I guess it is the greener-grass phenomena?
Totti,
Wow! You actually made a novel protagnist out of me? Oh, I just fell in love with myself!
*wide grin*
I see the wanderlust inside you is getting a grip on things.
You need to take that step extra for these dreams to come true.
And I do think in your case it will. ... never forget capturing them in prints :-)
Cheers!
Saurabh,
There is a right time for each extra step, and I dont think it is time yet for this one :)
As for my travelogue, yes, will try to keep updating it.
i have read this four times...and you know what i am wondering...how cvould u write exactly what i dream about...hope ur dream comes true...coz yes seeing it come true for you...definitely will make her life interesting n optimistic
cheers
Glad to know we share a dream... for all you know, we might bump into each other in some small european town some day, and never know it :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home