Monday, November 07, 2005

Spare the care

Not a good monday, this one. Just when there were people taking jabs at me for having too much free time and blogging too often (oh yes, you know who you are... black tongues :p), a sprained neck kept me away from office and blogging today.

Thanks for asking... its better now.

So I told a guy friend, that I didnt go to office, because I have a stiff neck. He asks very matter-of-factly, "PMS?". No you moron. This isnt the 17th century, and we dont use neckache, headache and stomachache as code words for PMS! What is worse, is that these guys think they are being so totally 'understanding' and 'sensitive' about our bad times, by pretending that they know how it feels. Well, unless you have a biological disorder, you dont know how it feels!

Sorry for lashing out... just in an irate mood today. And no, its NOT that time of the month.

Gosh.

23 Comments:

Blogger Prerona said...

lol at that! i still do :)

nice post. i'll tell u once i have that. been lazy :)

12:44 AM  
Blogger Shubhodeep said...

hmmm...
cheer up lady!

3:11 AM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

Damn those people who r taking jabs at ur free time....Is it anyone that I know ?

3:40 AM  
Blogger Anshul said...

get well soon

4:05 AM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

A
/ \
/ I \
I
I
I

If I manage to pull this right the arow should point to one such guilty party taking this jabs :)
Get well soon

4:06 AM  
Blogger Big Man said...

damn straight... we dont know how it feels, would we like to... we'll theres no right answer there.

Hope you feel better.

6:26 AM  
Blogger Crave to travel said...

I empathize. Get better!

6:47 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

LOL @PMS

hey Casa hope ur in a better mood today...sending loads of sunshine ur way..:)

Keshi.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hahaha!

I have actually bothered to explain to a few men exactly what I feel like when its that time of the month. Now that they know, they really wish they didn't.
No more jabs at PMS!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

And my back is damn bloody sore.

We both need to fix up appointments at the Sanctuary, don't we?

P.S. Am back to publishing "fatta" comments fulltime.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Prerona,
Aww... dont be lazy. We want to see the story progress :)

Shubhodeep, Anshul, Niru,
Thanks... better today.

Pointy,
Someone you know? Damn sure well! Now, can you go beat him up for me please? :p

Rohan,
Sorry, you were part of the guilty party, for agreeing with Pointy!!

Big Man,
Trust me, you dont wanna know.

Keshi,
Thanks for the sunshine. Much needed :)

Jupiter,
Glad to have you and your fatta comments back. Dont remind me of the Sanctuary, I miss them so bad, I might fly down to SG just to visit them :(

10:48 AM  
Blogger totti said...

hee hee .. we will kick pointy's ass for making random ! he is gonna have a bloody thanksgiving!! *muhahahha*

11:08 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

hoohhahahaahoaha. Men trying to be Chivalrious huh..
And there is this family Feud going on in an Indian Industrial family. Old family and the elder girl of the family had undergone a sex change so that hse(he/she) might be th heir to the family wealth. Indian Laws are still discrimitory u see, but ur post left me wondering. Was she running away from PMS ummmm

As for US, we don't want to know...

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol, PMS!!!
Anyways, hope you are feeling better now :)

1:12 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Totti,
Now, that's what I am talking about! Go for it!

Anthony,
You've got to be kiddin'? Is this a real story?

Rita,
Yup. Thanks :)

1:16 PM  
Blogger M said...

Aww babes, hope you get well soon!=)

And about PMS theory, once a guy actually asked me why do girls always like to use PMS as an excuse. And coincidently (but unfortunately for him) it was THAT time of the month. I just stared at him and the poor fella didn't dare to bring up the topic again! *chuckles*

2:19 PM  
Blogger Eleventy Seven said...

Yeah even I was reading the Mafatlal story going on about the whole sex change bit. Funny eh!

PMS - ummm its kinda curious from the other end of the spectrum. The mood swings are actually damn good fun to handle and I love the way the woman comes around afterwards feelin all guilty for slaughtering on a trip.

Tolerance for physical pain is generally known to be low for women ... so says the books. I disagree though. I bet we men could never go through the monthly rituals or the 9 month longs saga or the grand finale to it either.

Boy oh boy... now thats a pain!

2:43 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Medha,
Please tell that bloke that its not an excuse. Duh!

Saurabh,
Low tolerance for pain?
Show me a guy who will still smile after having hot wax poured over his leg, and have his hair pulled out...
Bah!

2:57 PM  
Blogger Arroclint said...

bummer!

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Saurabh,
Low tolerance for pain?
Show me a guy who will still smile after having hot wax poured over his leg, and have his hair pulled out...
Bah!"

Show me a girl who will :P
- ROPLF
ps: but yeah, will agree with the rest

1:11 AM  
Blogger the cowlick said...

lol.. guys don't know that women make an excuse of having PMS when they're in a bad mood.. PMS is not the bringer of bad mood, it's the dawg that gets used! (never mind if i don't make sense.. PMSing)

6:22 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

ROPLF,
*putting my hand up*
Now... what do you have to say?

Cowlick,
Shhhh... dont let the guys hear that ;)

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kudos, brave girl.. or is this some form of masochism :)?
- ROPLF

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home