Sunday, November 06, 2005

The big picture

Ek aahat suni hai aaj, maine zindagi ki
Chupke se aayi woh, mere dil ke andar
Woh nagme sunati, mujhe khushiyon ke
Diyein jalaye hain usne, mere dil ke andar


And so, life walks in on me sometimes
And I wonder, will it stay forever?
I know its a guest I cant keep for long
But will it leave behind joy, mine forever?

Ye khushiyaan, ye aansoon, ye dard,
Ye lamhe hain bas, ek pal do pal ke,
Bahut chhote hain ye, bas ye samajh lo,
Ye hain jhalkiyaan bas, iss zindagi ke.

Nothing but a speck, are my emotions
In the big picture I call my life
But then again, without the specks
How else, would I build this life?

21 Comments:

Blogger gulnaz said...

that was beautiful!! happiness is made up of small moments essentially.
...happy diwali and new year :)

3:10 AM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

Luv (and envy) the way u can successfully weave between english and hindi, shades of Javed Akhtar. Will leave all the praise to more accomplished readers like Anu.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Anshul said...

Beautiful. Especially the last thought... life just consists of a series of "little" moments.

4:04 PM  
Blogger G Shrivastava said...

Lovely...I thought this was someone else's work that you were posting...am totaly impressed and amazed that it's your own creation! To be able to juggle between languages and yet create something so harmoniously complete is awesome!

Ps Love the "I aint dropping no eaves sir" of the last post :-)

4:52 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Gulnaz,
Yes it is :)
Thanks!

Anu,
"Shaayad zindagi khud se zyada"
Wah wah! Beautiful 'writing' :)

Rohan,
*takes a bow*
Javed Akhtar... now that's a little too much, dont you think? ;)

Anshul,
Tiny moments, which by themselves, are kind of meaningless, but play a part in the bigger scheme of things.

Gee,
I'm flattered ;)
Thanks!

5:21 PM  
Blogger Blue Athena said...

The dual-language hop was nice! As was the thought. :)

9:17 PM  
Blogger totti said...

Nice song :) . Which movie would this be? i used to listen to old songs once in a while but don't really have a good list of songs. i am hazarding a guess: is it aandhi?

1:13 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

Goshhh Casa did u write this? Simply too beautiful..

**I know its a guest I cant keep for long

Loved that line the best...

Keshi.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Blue Athena,
Thanks :)

Anu,
;)

Totti,
No its from 'Masoom'. Lovely songs, all of them!

Keshi,
Yes, I did. Hehe.. I'm flattered :D

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bilingual poem..hmmm...nice :)

1:08 PM  
Blogger the cowlick said...

amazing song, casa.. though i like the guy version better..

7:15 PM  
Blogger Eleventy Seven said...

I keep coming back to your page just for the song.

How do you link this?

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice piece Casa

I dedicate this to you...
This is from my fav Ghazal

Dasht-e-Tanhaaee main
Aay Jan-e-Jahan
Larzaan Hay..
...tairey Awaz ke saayey
...tairay hoonton ke saraab

Dahst-e-Tanhaee main
Duuri ke khaso khaak talay
khil rahain hain
tairay pehloo ke saman..aur ghalab

luv it

8:47 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Rita,
Thanks :)

Cowlick,
Hmmm... maybe I'll change it to the male voice for sometime? :)

Saurabh,
You embed html tags, after you select the song you want to include. Maybe you can google for it? If I post it here, it might give an error.

Paheli,
Shukr'an :)
PS: What does larzaan mean?

9:01 PM  
Blogger Zii said...

lamhe to hote hain do pal ke,
yaadein lekin bas jati hain,
zindagi thama deti hain,arzoo jaga deti hain,
lekin
yaadein box office pe pit jaati hain
lamhe super hit ho jati hain!

Thank you.
//Takes a bow//

10:56 PM  
Blogger alice said...

waah waah...yahaan to sab shaayar hain...
u write really well Casa..

11:35 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Zii,
Lol. Looks like you are a big bollywood lover eh :)

Alice,
So you are back from Bombay? Welcome back!

11:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like Zii's comment. Interestingly, I always think of movies when words like that come up. Aandhi! and Im thinking Sanjeev Kumar and "tum aa gaye ho.."

Someone's very Javed Akhtar-y, eh?

=D

9:31 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Javed Akhtar-y... ok stop flattering me. What's the agenda eh? ;)

11:01 AM  
Blogger Shashi Iyer said...

wah wah!

1:49 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Shukr'an :)

2:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home