3 words, among 55
Yes, by now you'll ought to know that I am a 55-addict. Well, this one is just poetry in 55 words, unlike the story-poem in my previous attempt.
Cheek to cheek
dancing
like a dream
A blush of pink
a touch of silk
when we kissed
I lost myself
in you
like a drop
in an ocean
I danced myself
for you
like love
in motion
Yet
you looked away
eyes searching
something
somwhere
I loved you
And sometimes
you
loved me too.
Technorati Tag: 55 word poem
Click on the tag to see other 55 word pieces... and do link yours, if you give it a try.


19 Comments:
Yes, you are right. This is more towards simple poetry than the earlier one. And much better too. Congratulations!
No!!
You know I'm a sucker for dance...You cannot mess with my head like that.
i loved this...
ur so good at this!
looovvee yr poems, but wouldn't want to embarass myself trying...
and i totally agree with the previsou post but we cant help thinking those things as much as we don't mean to change anyone.
this one's like too good casa! reminds me of school socials perhaps.. rings a bell in every girl's life, i reckon.. nice one!
truly love-able :)
awesome! :)
yep... good one...
love the end....
Beautiful...awesome!!!
beautifully written..
heart-wrenching...
wow !
Oh Casa, that was so beautiful! :) Simple, lovely and with a hell of an ending.
Quite like this Pablo Neruda poem - check it out if you get a chance - "Tonight I can write"
Ravi,
Understated emotions.. hmmm. Shall work on it the next time :)
.:A:.,
Thanks. You've got me addicted :p
Jupiter,
:-)
Khizzy, Shashi, Princesse, Conman, Mysterygal, Anshul, Dreamz,
Thanks.
Karuna,
Haha, the more you complain about poetry, the more I keep bombarding you with it ;)
Cowlick,
School socials! Oh that were some nice memories you brought back...
Extempore,
Dont remember reading this poem before. Though the line "She loved me, and sometimes I loved her too" makes me wonder if its a co-incidence, or that I read it at some point of time and the line lingered in my subconscious. Interesting isnt it :)
Beautiful.... really. You're maturing well into this 55 thingy. I really liked this one.
School socials ....... aaah!
*Eyes rolling, mind wandering...*
well... u thanked me for the pun as well? ;)
Saurabh,
Thanks :)
Shashi,
Yup ;)
I think this more touching than your first one
This really touched me
Take care
nasra
Nasra,
Thanks :)
Yes this was written with more feelings. The first one was just a funny thought.
I just came across this through the Technorati link. It reminds me of the sad state of the world, where love is not always requited, no matter how passionate and true it may be.
Do you live in Singapore?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home