Starry Eyed
Its strange how excited we get about celebrities. You dont have to be a fan. You dont have to even like the person. But yes, if its a celebrity, you definitely have to get excited!
I walked out of my apartment in HK last evening, and noticed a fairly big crowd on the other side of the road. The empty stage was decorated for what looked like a promo event for 'The Myth'. I asked someone in the crowd, what he was waiting for. He said "Jackie Chan", and gave me a big smile, which seemed to indicate that I was supposed to jump with joy on hearing the name. Well, honestly, I was happy. Not because I had this huge desire to see Jackie Chan or Malika Sherawat (sorry guys, but I just dont like her), but because I was part of some 'happening' event. Right outside my house.
Before I came to HK, a friend of mine would always say, "Go and meet Jackie Chan". I guess he loves action movies. No fault of his, all guys do ;)
So here I was, the only non-chinese in a big crowd, listening to chinese music, holding on to my camera (which I ran up to collect - some perks of having a house nearby!) and waiting for Jackie Chan. I made conversation with the person next to me.. "So Jackie Chan is very popular in HK right?". He said "Not only popular in HK, popular in whole world. He is superstar. Very big superstar". And I felt excited. I still dont know why.. their country, their hero, their language... but I was excited.
Well, finally Jackie Chan arrived. He spoke in chinese. Malika Sherawat also arrived. She spoke in english. And she complained about lack of kissing scenes in 'The Myth'. Jackie was visibly red translating her statements into cantonese.
But here's the twist in the tale - Jackie Chan looks old. REALLY old. Did you call me an ageist?
Ok ladies.. dont go away. There was this really cute, redhead, young guy in the movie too, and well.. he's just cute! All the girls were screaming for him! In order that I not be accused of objectification of men, I will put in all effort in finding out his name ;)
Till then... enjoy the snaps.



PS: Ladies, I know the cute guy's face isnt fully visible. Just take my word for it ;)
PPS: Guys, sorry not too much Malika in the photos. But for once, she was decently dressed, so you arent missing much ;)


7 Comments:
saw a photograph of them in today's papers... Was reading about what a blink-and-you-will-miss role she has in the movie.
Some nerve the woman has... hats off to her... to which my colleague commented - 'Hats off to hers'!!
Whatever gets her the moolah!
well she is bimbo... who says i like her fully... just her body... i am pervert.. ;-)
V..
I have just never been able to understand this concept of hero worsip.. be it filmstars, sportstars, politicians or porn stars.. never been my cup of tea.
no mallikda pics.. :((
me ditto with virdi..!!
Justme, Malika is there.. in the red gown. Ya, didnt take too many pics of her.. but given that she was quite decently dress, you arent missing much ;)
What is decency ?
- Taking off one's clothes and going the nature-al way.
Matez !! remove this confusion from your heads.
Jack ll be back.
or what is decency ?
- being sympathetic to the cause of the homeless, foodless and clothless children of Dafur.
chao for now.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home