I am alive
Yes, I am :)
I am also all settled into my new apartment and new surroundings. The last few weeks have been crazy. Days, rather weeks, were spent packing up in Singapore. I have wayyyy too much stuff, I admit. The next time I need to move cities, some kick-ass investment bank better pay for my relocation! And then there was work and handing over to the replacement, who needed everything explained to him atleast 5 times before he got a hang of it. There were farewells galore... drinks, coffees, lunches, dinners. My team gave me a nice Canon Ixus as a send-off present, so now I have my DSLR for the touristy pictures, and a nice slim point-n-shoot for those clubbing nights in London.
The furniture sale was a nightmare! Lesson learnt - start selling furniture early!! 2 weeks is not enough time. I recovered barely 10% of the cost, but worse than that, was the inconvenience of having people come and pick it up. Or worse still, people not showing up after promising to. Quite the nightmare... and the devil of a landlord. Oh how I hate him. I hope there's justice in the world and he gets his share of bad luck fairly quickly! He was a total meanass to Jups and me... idiot!
Then of course there was the short trip to Hong Kong, which almost didnt happen thanks to the typhoon. But well, HK and I mutually love each other, so I did get there. Adrian played a perfect host in his perfect apartment, and we partied and ate out and chatted and had fun. I got red highlights for my hair, and a nice pretty dress for no occasion I can think of. But it was on sale at Zara and is amazingly sexy. How could I resist?!
Finally, the last night in Singapore was spent in drunken style. I had a room at Swissotel with a view of the national day fireworks! And then I got smashed with Jups and Jack. We had her birthday drinks. We had a bottle of Champagne. We had free drinks. We had shots. We had beer. We had too much. But that was my last night in Singapore for some time, and I was kinda sentimental about it. I've spent more than 10 years in that city!
So finally, after wrapping up a 1000 things over the last 1 month... I flew out to London on 10th August. It took me a week to settle in, get to Ikea, build furniture, make friends, throw a kickass housewarming, and catch a cold. Yes, in "summer". Damn the weather here... I hate it! So I'm off now, to collect all my winter clothes sitting in a friend's apartment... and be ready to face the 14 degree summer of London.
PS: I'm off to Brussels this weekend... pictures to follow.


10 Comments:
Awesome. You are really living it up. Why am I not surprised you already have a trip planned.
This is what I love about this blog. It always delivers. I can actually go back to old posts when you said you would do something and now you have.
It is inspirational.
aww, you gonna visit bruxelles? Yay! Say hi to the pis boy and grand place and eat a nice hot waffle along the roadside for me :)
aha! :)
Hey there....
I have no clue who you are...I stumbled on ur blog....n maaaaan...u are something! I loved your posts....its beautiful!! I read through most of you 2008 posts before my manager dragged me into a meeting :) jus wanted to say....I feel like we really connect!!
anyhoo...u have fun in london and goodluck with ur MBA. I shall frequent ur blog, so will catch up later!!
Love ya!!
Hi Casa.. visiting u after a long time! I wonder how u are finding your initial days in London. Hope you are not missing Singapore already :) Welcome here, hope you have a great time here too! Good luck with your MBA!
-kaunquest
here after long ! lightness of being,hmm!
post post!
today, it completes 30 days since this last post.
Been ages since you wrote! Write more, write more! :)
And Happy Diwali to you! :)
addicted to your blog..please write more
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home