Friday, May 30, 2008

May-hem. June, come soon.

I just submitted my third scholarship application, just in time for the deadline. I've decided to skip the fourth, since I have neither time nor energy to do a good job of it. I'm not proud of leaving it out - I should have started these applications way earlier in March. But to be fair, there was the loan and the visa and the India visit and whatnot to sort out. And so it comes to pass, that the worst week of this year, is finally over.

So incase you are wondering, my visa was refused by the UK immigration on some very trivial ground. THAT surely qualifies this week as the worst ever for the year! I've submitted an appeal, stressed over it, cried and then calmed myself down. I have done what I could logically do, and we'll just have to wait and see now.

For better or for worse, the scholarship deadline is today, and I've submitted them in time to enjoy the weekend. Apart from appealing and putting together the visa papers this week, I've had plenty to handle at office. Which meant I did my essays after work, till 2am every morning. Which means I have very little sleep and too much caffeine in my system right now. I feel like a floating zombie - and no it is not a nice feeling.

I will crash soon, and sleep for most of tomorrow. I'll spend the afternoon shopping for groceries and cooking. Batman is coming over for dinner and we'll have a quiet, relaxed saturday at home. I guess I will get a haircut on sunday. There are few things in life that are as relaxing as a head massage and a hair wash. Bliss.

Time to get some shut eye. Goodnight amigos.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa that does sound like some week.This too shall pass. My latest mantra.

3:37 AM  
Blogger livinghigh said...

catch up on dat sleep and have a nice, lazy wkend, you. :)

3:52 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

EU,
To be honest it did pass... painfully though :)

LH,
*mwah*

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home