Monday, July 23, 2007

Monday Monday

The weekend has been a tame one. Except the Friday of course, where I had a rather unpleasant argument with the mom. It went into all the wrong territories and tempers flew. Thankfully, I managed to bribe her with loads of shopping over the next two days and she quickly forgot most of the disagreement. She was more interested in calling up the sister in Delhi and discussing all the shopping done for my neice. Phew. That one was not too difficult. Speaking of shopping, I have show great restraint this weekend. I have spent close to a thousand bucks and still not bought a single thing for myself. And the slippers dont count because they were a necessary replacement, not a fashion addition. I even tried out the pretty white and blue and yellow paisley print dress at Zara(which, if you must know, looked stunning on me) and then decided to not buy it. I mean, have you met anyone more responsible than me? Huh huh?

So anyway, dont judge me for saying that after such a tame and domesticated weekend, I didnt mind going into office today. Of course, I must now bitch and moan and groan about the fact that the god-damned office has blocked access to blogs and blogger. Like seriously... WTF mate! This communist regime office atmosphere is totally unproductive and irritating. I need my break from work SO THAT I can work long hours. And blocking Youtube and stuff is understandable, but how much bandwidth does blogger take anyway??? Ridiculous mindless morons!

Phew. So now I can only blog from home. And, I can only read blogs at home. And I can only comment on blogs at home. Add to that the fact that my wireless at home seems to have conked off, leaving my macbook internet-less. So I have to sit at my wired, windows-based desktop to blog once a day. Could life get any worse? Me dont likey. *pouts*

Now, back to the office gossip. Button has got a new haircut and has lost his fringe. But the fringe was his thing! It looked so good on him! Now he looks like an oriental Harry Porter without the scar. I am heartbroken. Also, Pansy and I caught up after a week almost (she was on a training course most of last week) and bitched and judged as many people in office as we could. Prime time feature at the bitching session was the Ghaati Manager (GM) who had come to last week's poolside party in a formal white shirt, high waist denims and white trainers. Oh, did I tell you about the black leather belt and with the phone pouch on it? Like seriously dude, what were you thinking?!?!?! Moving on, White is being her bitchy menopausal self. When some bigwig at a company event recognised me today, she found the need to let it be known how jealous she is, by asking me not to show off. Show off?? Like, you want me to hide and pretend that the big boys dont know me? Oh grow up, will ya.

Okay I have to run now... there's dinner waiting. Will be back in a bit. Meanwhile, have a good week, you all!

3 Comments:

Blogger WritingsForLife said...

wow.. you are good with gossip :)
I hope you have a good week too :)

3:37 AM  
Blogger once again said...

:)

paisleys are nice, pretty. u shud have bought the dress, so much self control I hear is hazardous for ones health, now we wudnt want that, wud we !?

3:57 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Raaji,
No no no, I never gossip ;)

Brat,
But I am broke no? But paisley dresses look really pretty on me. Maybe you could buy me gifts of paisley nature when I am in Bombay... *nudge nudge*

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home