Not everything needs to be said
I disagree.
Sometimes, there might be a very minute possibility that the next person does not get what you didnt say. The probability of that happening might be small, but the potential damage caused from that misunderstanding could be so great, that it is simply not worth taking the risk.
At other times, you need to hear things loud and clear. When hope hangs by a thin rope, 'obvious' things need to be reiterated. I repeat. 'Obvious' things need to be reiterated. It helps to chase our unwanted companion, pessimism, away.
And of course the fundamental reason, that not everyone's mind works the same way. What might be 'obvious' to you, might not be to another. This is simply because your mind is the originator of that thought, but the thought process can be different for the other person.
So go ahead. Say it. Whatever you thought was too childish to say out loud, was too embarrassing to acknowledge, was too 'obvious' to state. "Thank you", "Sorry", "You are a great friend", "I like you", "I love you", "Cant wait to see you", "I miss you"....


2 Comments:
Yes they do!
to be quite honest, I have never understood y ppl r so awkward whn I do openly tellin them such things ("I love you", "I miss u", etc)..most often I get a grunt from my guy frens or (worse still) logical explanation as to y its no big deal...
*sigh*
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home