Thursday, June 09, 2005

Thursdays at Work

Today happens to be one of the sleepiest mornings this week. Not because I didnt get enough sleep last night, but because the work that I am supposed to do today is sooo boring, that thinking about it makes me yawn! So I've decided to write first thing in the morning, hoping that this will wake me up enough to last through the day.

Thursday - It sits kind of awkwardly in the week, doesnt it. Mondays are of course accompanied by the cliched, but true, 'monday blues'. You dont feel like working, but with the weekend behind you, you dont even have the excuse that you are tired. I mean, 2 days of 'rest', it doesnt get better than that. Then come tuesdays, where all you can think of is, gawd, this is just tuesday, there is so much of the work week still left! Wednesdays are so busy, you dont even get time to think about which day it is - face it, this is when the work starts to pile, the deadlines start coming closer, and 3 hour meetings lead to nowhere. Then comes the Thursday - nearer to the weekend, but not near enough. Its the day you start making your weekend plans, and then feel bad that there are a good 2 work days still standing between you and your weekend - as if the weekend is your promised land, for which you've been tortured for years... or well, atleast 4 days. Thursday is also the day when you can start planning what to wear on the 'casual friday' - because in my workplace, casuals are not really casual. So Friday dressing is actually an adventure assignment, where you walk the thin line between formal clothes and denims and T-shirts. And trust me, the line is really thin, or atleast the appropriate line runs very thin in my wardrobe. Which of course means, I need to go shopping tonight to buy something appropriate to wear tomorrow.
Yep, I did it again. Well, it anyways doesnt take much convincing to indulge myself in some retail therapy. Orchard Road, here I come!

1 Comments:

Blogger aknowkneemoose said...

Aha! You've written a post about the entire work-week! This reminds me that I'd thought of writing a post about Fridays :D

(and in fact, Monday is my favourite day in the week... the reasons for which I did have somewhere in my mind, but seem to have forgotten now :p)

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home