Friday, June 10, 2005

Money, money, money

Borrowing from ABBA here:
"Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich man's world
Money, money, money
Always sunny
In the rich man's world"

Accuse me of being materialistic, but I do believe in what I quoted above. If you have the money, life can be so much easier. So many decisions, and therefore confusions, are removed from your life. If you dont have to worry about your house rent, phone bills and your next meal, it probably gives you time to do things that you really want to. Or, does it?
I dont think what we have... wait, what I have, is ever going to be enough for Me. Let me not look for refuge under a wave of generalisation. Yes, so one always wants more. I guess thats what explains the need of a Maslow's hierarchy. But I think its easier said than done, that we shouldnt run after money. That we shouldnt look for happiness through money.
So is it wrong to enjoy spending money? Or is it wrong to expect that to make you happy? I guess there's no yes or no answer to this (If only, life was this simple!). But all I can say is, that it does make me feel good at times to spend money. Is that happiness? Is that ego satisfaction? Or is it just a feeling of being in control, which is very important for a 'control freak'? I would go with the last, because there's so little in life that we have control over, and can influence by ourselves, that whatever little we can, gives us some amount of satisfaction.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Money CAN buy you happiness.:-)

2:12 PM  
Blogger aknowkneemoose said...

Esssssss. I totally agree with Jups.

The comments I've written for the previous posts and this one are during a break I've taken while carrying out my self appraisal for the current quarter... and I hope my boss gives me the rating I want, for it would help buy me happiness :p

10:54 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Shouldnt you be concentrating on your appraisal then, to make sure you get a good bonus? :)

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home