Sunday, July 15, 2007

To quote...

Since I promised someone that I wont post my own verse on the blog today, I have to pick up one of Seth's many lovely poems. I have said it before, and I say it again - I adore Vikram Seth's book of poetry 'All you who sleep tonight'.

Telephone

I see you smile across the phone
And feel the moisture of your hair
And smell the musk of your cologne...
Hello? Is anybody there?

-- Vikram Seth

5 Comments:

Blogger San said...

i love all good poetry and seth is one of my many fav's

:)

5:40 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Isnt his poetry beautiful? Simple and true.

12:40 PM  
Blogger livinghigh said...

arrey, well though friday apparently didnt go very well, it does seem the rest of the wkend was fun, with poetry and all..?
:)

3:47 AM  
Blogger San said...

yep, his poetry is a treat for the mind

5:09 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

LH,
I slept at all the wrong times over the weekend... was asleep during the day, and blogging at 5 in the morning. So crazy, no :)

San,
More coming up :)

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home