Monday, July 09, 2007

Transform

Isnt it strange how my parents keep insisting that I should NOT work too hard, when all my school life they kept pushing me to work harder and harder? I just cant understand. You cant have a daughter you proudly talk about and still ask her not to spend long hours in office. I adore the concern, but I would like some reality as well.

Anyway, moving on from parental rant, the weekend has been a rather quiet one. And thankfully so. Too many exciting weekends in the last few weeks... I was glad to slow down. I watched Die Hard 4 on friday evening, and with all its Hollywood cliches, it was still fun. Mindless action - just like I had expected. And I know that the villian couldnt act for nuts, but Thomas Gabriel was a hottie. Atleast I thought so. The 'Hamster' was an interesting character too.

I slept most of saturday. And that is funny because I didnt party on friday night. Well, its nice to sleep till 1pm and not feel guilty about it. I attended a wedding reception in the evening, and then was convinced by Jupiter to head out for a few drinks. She is leaving for India next week and will be gone for a good month. So I had to give in and go out partying with her for some time. We tried out the new Carribean place in Clarke Quay, where the band is quite super, and then proceeded to our usual hangout. Not only did we get free entry, we were invited by the club manager to next week's party for July-borns. I need to carry my ID and wear my bandanna, and apparently a bottle of champagne will be mine. Oh la la, one must try.

I watched a beautiful french movie on sunday afternoon - L'auberge Espagnole. The Spanish Inn. 6 people of different nationalities sharing a house in Barcelona. The characters, the stories, the cinematography - all of it was beautiful. I hereby invite applications for travelmates to Spain. How colourful, how bright and how exciting, it will be! Anyhoo, to establish this weekend as the movie marathon weekend, I then proceeded to watch Transformers in the evening with Jupiter and Adrian. It was brilliant! It is so slick and so funny and so awesome... you HAVE TO watch it. I never thought I would like it so much, but man, I'm bowled over.

There is a good chance that I might be in Bombay for work some time in August. Nothing elaborate - just 3 or 4 days. But yes, it will be nice to meet some people and see the city after more than 10 years. I am looking forward to it.

3 Comments:

Blogger once again said...

mention names, WE my frnd are all about vanity :D

3:21 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

It will be nice, no, it will be AWESOME, to see the Brat in the city next month. Muax!
=)

5:11 PM  
Blogger GuNs said...

Spain?
I want to visit Italy and even Spain but in the next one month or so. If you are comfortable with the timeline, kindly consider my application as a travelmate !

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home